Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

RE: New cpap user and need advice please
You want the AHI to be below 5 so you're good there.

But one night of data is about worthless. Keep using it, keep viewing the data, and then evaluate it in 7-10 days. The longer the better.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
03-04-2013 05:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
vsheline Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: S9 VPAP Adapt (USA Model# 36007, not better 36037 or 36067)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F10 or SimPlus w/ 2Liners. MirageQuatro & Gecko gel pad
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 15 EPAP, PS 5-10
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Marfan Syndrome, chronic bradycardia, occasional Cheyne-Stokes Respiration

Sex: Male

(03-03-2013 06:47 PM)Sleepless706 Wrote:  Lastly, it seems it's very hard to exhale at times, even though the hose is not pinched and the nasal pillow is not covers and is fitted correctly to my nose. Again it's showing 4cm as the pressure on the screen after hitting the therapy button to start.

As jgjones1972 mentioned, it is common to need some time to get used to exhaling against pressure.

In future, if you ever feel like it is hard to inhale, this would probably mean it would be good to increase your lower pressure. (4 cmH2O is really low; I would feel like I am suffocating on such a low pressure.)

(03-04-2013 04:08 PM)Sleepless706 Wrote:  Anyway, DME rep said IGNORE most readings from Info screen on my restronics system one menu (it's on auto cpap setting with aflex of 3)

If a DME supplier tells you to IGNORE most readings from Info screen, that may indicate that, though it is important to keep an eye on the readings, he does not want to be bothered.

You have an excellent machine, and I encourage you to see if there is some way you can use SleepyHead software to monitor your data yourself. The data from your machine includes detailed "waveforms" of every breath you took all night. You can learn a lot - and would likely benefit a lot - from becoming familiar with your sleep data.

Please read the info on the page below, just to understand that you are lucky you have a fully data-capable machine.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices

Take care,
--- Vaughn

Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment. The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies - not on matters concerning treatment for Sleep Apnea. I think it is now too late to change the name of the group but I think Voting Member group would perhaps have been a more descriptive name for the group.
03-06-2013 08:24 PM
zimlich Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: Respironics PR System One BiPap Auto SV Advanced
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed gel Nasal Mask
Humidifier: System One
CPAP Pressure: 8-20 ASV, 8 EPAP,PS 12
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: I use the Quattro FFM when necessary

Sex: Female

Now, the important thing is that you keep using the machine 100% of sleep time and getting good quality REM and deep sleep. You're doing great. I like my quattro FX ffm though last night it woke me up leaking terribly.
03-09-2013 08:50 AM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Long time CPAP user now with a problem PrkChps 4 55 Today 06:21 PM
Last Post: chill
  Newbie - need advice on settings and machine tmc712 18 363 Yesterday 09:04 PM
Last Post: tmc712
  New User Having Trouble Staying Asleep and more SnoreGalore 9 489 Yesterday 08:00 PM
Last Post: SnoreGalore
  Need full face mask advice Bob32256 12 648 Yesterday 04:37 PM
Last Post: Zippo
  advice for diagnosis steps to take odoyle 14 538 12-05-2016 08:44 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Advice on transitioning from pillows to FFM? Strat0caster 8 234 12-02-2016 10:58 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  New User Problem with BiPAP AVAPS - Part 1 jmayer180 35 1,301 11-27-2016 09:50 AM
Last Post: jmayer180