Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New cpap user and need advice please
RE: New cpap user and need advice please
You want the AHI to be below 5 so you're good there.

But one night of data is about worthless. Keep using it, keep viewing the data, and then evaluate it in 7-10 days. The longer the better.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-03-2013, 06:47 PM)Sleepless706 Wrote: Lastly, it seems it's very hard to exhale at times, even though the hose is not pinched and the nasal pillow is not covers and is fitted correctly to my nose. Again it's showing 4cm as the pressure on the screen after hitting the therapy button to start.

As jgjones1972 mentioned, it is common to need some time to get used to exhaling against pressure.

In future, if you ever feel like it is hard to inhale, this would probably mean it would be good to increase your lower pressure. (4 cmH2O is really low; I would feel like I am suffocating on such a low pressure.)

(03-04-2013, 04:08 PM)Sleepless706 Wrote: Anyway, DME rep said IGNORE most readings from Info screen on my restronics system one menu (it's on auto cpap setting with aflex of 3)

If a DME supplier tells you to IGNORE most readings from Info screen, that may indicate that, though it is important to keep an eye on the readings, he does not want to be bothered.

You have an excellent machine, and I encourage you to see if there is some way you can use SleepyHead software to monitor your data yourself. The data from your machine includes detailed "waveforms" of every breath you took all night. You can learn a lot - and would likely benefit a lot - from becoming familiar with your sleep data.

Please read the info on the page below, just to understand that you are lucky you have a fully data-capable machine.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Now, the important thing is that you keep using the machine 100% of sleep time and getting good quality REM and deep sleep. You're doing great. I like my quattro FX ffm though last night it woke me up leaking terribly.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 161 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 14 248 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Expat31
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 339 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 848 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,775 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 142 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 76 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.