Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New diagnosis and regressing
New diagnosis and regressing
Hi,  I received a diagnosis recently for moderate apnea.....My AHI was 18, so I got a machine and my events came down to around  4, but recently spiked up. Last night was 11 and I felt poorly today. I use a full mouth mask ( which makes mouth dry.  Any hints or suggestions?  i am thinking of getting an online dental appliance as well.....

Stats......m  59  and no obesity.  Thanks Smile

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New diagnosis and regressing
Well the first thing you need to do to help us help you is find out what kind of machine you have.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Walla Walla,  Thanks. I did not know that was important.  Anyway my machine type is:

Devilbiss IntelliPAP™ Auto Adjust CPAP Machine with Humidifier

I use a full face mask, I have two and there is no difference.  Leakage is 0.  I did not get the smart card on advice, but maybe I should have.

My minimum pressure is 4 and maximum pressure is 15.  

My sleep test, which was done remotely had an average of 2.8 apneas per hour ( all obstructive)  and 15 hipness.  My oxygen saturation was an average of 95%  with the lowest 83% and the baseline 98 %.  my pulse goes from a low of 46 to a high of 90 with an average pulse rate of 60.  Since the diagnosis I have stopped sleeping on my back and that seemed to help.   I have noticed that if I drink alcohol the AHI index increases. i am an occasional drinker.   i am 6' and weigh 179 lbs.  I do have a narrow jaw ( celtic heritage)

Thanks 
Post Reply Post Reply
You want to pick up a SD card so you can record the detail data on your machine. You can download Sleepyhead software which you use with the SD card to read your detailed data. The link is below. Once you get set up, post a sleepyhead chart here so we can see what's going on.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks  I assume that the card is compatible. I was offered some data card at purchase but was told probably would not be needed.  By the way last night AHI of 5.....but feel fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Any SD card, usually 32Gb or smaller, will work. Most CPAP'a don't use very much data space, around 4Gb, but trying to find small cards nowadays is almost impossible. Look for a fair price per GB.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just cutting to the chase here, your events are most likely the result of a starting pressure of 4.0 which is very low. It takes time for the machine to auto-adjust to an effective therapeutic pressure. If you know what your average pressure has been since you started using the CPAP, set your minimum to that level. If you do not know what your average pressure has been, use a starting pressure of 7.0 and I think you will notice an immediate improvement. You can leave the maximum pressure at 15 and if we ever see some data we can offer some more specific suggestions.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to Diagnosis. Looking for advice and have concerns re: my data bitteroblivion 4 163 04-04-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Diagnosis] WatchPAT sleep apena diagnosis low AHI higher RDI. Need advice godiego 24 3,686 04-04-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: godiego
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 253 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Diagnosis question Timlondonparis 3 222 03-18-2024, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Timlondonparis
  New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions SBTApnea 12 807 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Thumbsup [Diagnosis] Didn't know this existed. Hi! And diagnosis please smgemd 6 303 03-07-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 14 952 02-26-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: IAXEM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.