Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New f20 quite diffuser
New f20 quite diffuser
Anyone using the f20 quite diffuser I have copd and it seems the diffuser is not letting all the exhale out I wake up in the am reaching for my rescue inhaler, and feeling exhausted. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New f20 quite diffuser
(06-11-2018, 09:56 AM)Jstrat7804 Wrote: Anyone using the f20 quite diffuser I have copd and it seems the diffuser is not letting all the exhale out I wake up in the am reaching for my rescue inhaler, and feeling exhausted. Thanks

I have the new quiet air defuser and have no problems with the amount of air vented out. It defuses the air, that doesn't mean it restricts the amount of air flow.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, Jstrat7804, and welcome to the forum!  (Sad that it is under this horrible circumstance!)

I'm not using the quiet diffuser (I'm using a P10 and think it wouldn't fit – and I don't need it, I'm sleeping okay, just like to try different stuff).  So the reason I'm piping up (horning in) is because: a) it doesn't seem reasonable that the diffuser would cause the problem you're experiencing – that seems like a problem with the theraphy settings on your machine; and b) I'm curious if you had the standard fitting and could swap it, or if your machine was delivered with the quiet diffuser.

Jstrat7804, it would help a lot if you would update your profile and identify the machine model you have.  Also, if it happens that I'm right (there's a first time for everything!) about the machine settings being the cause of your discomfort, it will be necessary for you to download and install OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./]SleepyHead[/b] software (the name is the link to it) so the gurus here can advise you on relieving your discomfort.
Post Reply Post Reply
If its that bad, dont use it, use silicone ear buds instead
Post Reply Post Reply
It should be the same amount of air venting, just in a diffused manner (hence being quieter). You may be burying your head into the covers/pillow, blocking the exhaust. Or, because you have an obstructive airway disease, are having difficulty with the exhalation portion of the breath cycle. If for whatever reason you feel better with the regular vent elbow, then I would just use that then. I use a white noise machine at night and it drowns out everything.

From ResMed directly:

Quote:How does QuietAir work?

QuietAir is a new diffuser vent within the mask elbow. Featuring small multidirectional openings over a widespread area, QuietAir breaks up exhaled air so that it's spread out lightly. While it releases the same amount of air per breath as our existing standard elbow, it's much quieter and gentler.

https://www.resmed.com/us/en/consumer/pr...etair.html
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a conversation about the new diffuser with my DME (RT and supply/customer service rep) and they both had dealt with a patient who suffered the same symptoms as Jstrat7804.

They said that they have examined and looked into the issue without conclusion. The only advice that they offered was to hang on to the old elbow not to use the new elbow if you are experiencing problems.

They said that they have given new masks to many patients and had only one complaint. The complaint they described is identical to the complaint of the OP.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] ResMed Quiet Air Diffuser Vent F30 Catherine101 179 36,198 05-06-2023, 11:48 PM
Last Post: Jay Belmont
  Black Dots On F&P Mask Diffuser gpsgeek 7 1,576 01-15-2023, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Lucid
  How do I remove the diffuser on the F20 Quiet Air elbow? UncollapseMeThroat 6 1,437 09-28-2022, 10:58 PM
Last Post: UncollapseMeThroat
  [Equipment] Adding a diffuser to the exhale holes zenmaple3 7 2,900 09-27-2021, 04:59 PM
Last Post: Castaway
  Brevida mask diffuser question yankees123 9 1,871 10-28-2020, 07:23 AM
Last Post: yankees123
  Where to buy diffuser for Brevida nasal pillow vroomvroom 4 1,070 08-07-2019, 07:53 PM
Last Post: vroomvroom
  ResMed QuietAir™ diffuser vent yankees123 10 8,506 06-06-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Walla Walla

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.