Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New forum member.
New forum member.
Hi guys,

I am new to the forums here and just finished a home sleep study last night so still waiting for the results. If I am diagnosed with sleep apnea I am going to get the choice of two machines. Resmed Airsense 10 autoset or Respironics Dreamstation auto. Now it's just a waiting game for the results and figuring out which machine to go with. 

Hoping to learn a lot from this forum and get some good advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New forum member.
Welcome to the forum.

I hope that you do not have OSA but if you do this is the right p[lace.

Most of us here prefer the ResMed because it responds to events faster but either will work.  A slight edge goes to the ResMed Autoset for Her variant as it has an additional mode.

Prep yourself by reading the links in my signature.  The Mask Primer is important because this is how the CPAP pressure is delivered.  It frequently is the hardest part because there is no other you.  

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-29-2017, 07:39 PM)bonjour Wrote: Welcome to the forum.

I hope that you do not have OSA but if you do this is the right p[lace.

Most of us here prefer the ResMed because it responds to events faster but either will work.  A slight edge goes to the ResMed Autoset for Her variant as it has an additional mode.

Prep yourself by reading the links in my signature.  The Mask Primer is important because this is how the CPAP pressure is delivered.  It frequently is the hardest part because there is no other you.  

Fred

Thanks,

I figured I would do my research and learn more about it prior.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ask for the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset. You won't regret it. While both are respectable machines, the results with the Resmed are notably better. It's not just the faster response, but the better exhale pressure relief scheme.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome

will wait to welcome you as a fellow hosehead til you get those results Smile
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi alarsen77,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy and also with your machine decision, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcomed aboard may you be apnea free...

I can yell you attitude going is 90% of the result... Research before is fabulous gives you a leg up.

You'll likely have to go do a tritation study next if you're diagnosed with Osa.

Here's hoping you don't have Osa.

Anthony
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2017, 05:41 AM)dracus Wrote: Welcomed aboard may you be apnea free...

I can yell you attitude going is 90% of the result... Research before is fabulous gives you a leg up.

You'll likely have to go do a tritation study next if you're diagnosed with Osa.

Here's hoping you don't have Osa.

Anthony

Well I am looking at it positively. I will not be doing a titration study as I'm going through a company I found called Rested since through my insurance and the traditional way would cost me way too much money due to very high deductibles. So this company offers a self pay option that is very affordable for the home sleep study and has a team of doctors they work with through a video conference type thing. So if I am diagnosed they prescribe an auto machine and the company provides it on an affordable monthly payment plan for a year then I own the machine. 

So at this point just waiting on the results. Shipped the home sleep test back this morning.
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't forget to compare the price of the machine against the $440 to $519 (prices vary) for the Resmed Airsense 10 on Amazon. I thin it's great to get the affordable services you need for diagnostics, but don't let that cause you to over-pay for a machine on monthly payments.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, welcome to the forum.

I love the Resmed Airsense10.
Best machine I have had so far and I have had a few.
Only thing that annoying about it is it runs on 24Vdc.
I know you get an adaptor for 12Vdc to 24Vdc, but it is very expensive for what it is and they use a funny plug at the machine end which makes it difficult to build your own.
At least it does here as the plugs are not on sale Sad 
Other than that I can't fault it.

Quote:Electrical
(When the heated humidifier is used with a Philips Respironics therapy device)
AC Power Consumption (with 80W power supply): 100 – 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 2.0-1.0 A
DC Power Consumption: 12 Vdc, 6.67 A

This might be the only thing to consider when buying also the Resperonics goes to 25 in pressure, however, I don't know of anyone on more then 20, so I wouldn't worry about that.

I agree with Airsense 10.  Just a pity you need an adaptor to run it away from home.  Both machines will run from power supply supplied that will allow you to travel to most places through the world.  The Airsense 10 is also quite compact.

At the end of the day, it is your choice. By all means do your research.
Look up the Clinicians manuals on both websites and look up what other users say about the machines.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 136 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 269 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 188 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 496 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
  New to the Forum Dial222 8 676 12-21-2023, 08:19 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Gross Family member thinks my SA is a scam?? sleepadventurer 19 1,024 12-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New member, first night of Oscar data michael7 19 1,558 10-31-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: michael7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.