Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New forum member.
RE: New forum member.
(10-30-2017, 09:29 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Don't forget to compare the price of the machine against the $440 to $519 (prices vary) for the Resmed Airsense 10 on Amazon.  I thin it's great to get the affordable services you need for diagnostics, but don't let that cause you to over-pay for a machine on monthly payments.

I have compared and the plan I am going with if I get diagnosed is $45/month for 12 months so comes to a total of $540 and 5hat includes the machine, extra filters, a mask, mask fitting, machine setup help, and quarterly checkups from them on my progress.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2017, 12:26 PM)alarsen77 Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 09:29 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Don't forget to compare the price of the machine against the $440 to $519 (prices vary) for the Resmed Airsense 10 on Amazon.  I thin it's great to get the affordable services you need for diagnostics, but don't let that cause you to over-pay for a machine on monthly payments.

I have compared and the plan I am going with if I get diagnosed is $45/month for 12 months so comes to a total of $540 and 5hat includes the machine, extra filters, a mask, mask fitting, machine setup help, and quarterly checkups from them on my progress.

Very reasonable. If they have a window to switch out masks, do take advantage. Mask fitting (and types) can be the trickiest part of this.

Welcome to the forum!

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2017, 12:39 PM)Spy Car Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 12:26 PM)alarsen77 Wrote:

Very reasonable. If they have a window to switch out masks, do take advantage. Mask fitting (and types) can be the trickiest part of this.

Welcome to the forum!

Bill

I did ask about the mask and they said they will make sure we get a mask that works for me they won't leave me with an unpleasant experience or having to buy another mask on my own. 

From my research I am thinking about the dreamwear cushion/pillow, the Swift fx, or the p10. I have a beard and am an active side sleeper. I like the hose on top of the dreamwear as I feel it would be more comfortable for me but really don't know yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
Alarsen, sounds like you found a good service and supplier. Be sure to drop their name for anyone else that might be looking (no links).

For a mask, I kind of prefer moving from least intrusive nasal pillows to larger full face masks only if needed. The Resmed Airfit P10 is used by many here.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2017, 01:13 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Alarsen, sounds like you found a good service and supplier.  Be sure to drop their name for anyone else that might be looking (no links).  

For a mask, I kind of prefer moving from least intrusive nasal pillows to larger full face masks only if needed.  The Resmed Airfit P10 is used by many here.

The company is called Rested. If you search for rested sleep apnea you will find them.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2017, 12:49 PM)alarsen77 Wrote: I did ask about the mask and they said they will make sure we get a mask that works for me they won't leave me with an unpleasant experience or having to buy another mask on my own. 

From my research I am thinking about the dreamwear cushion/pillow, the Swift fx, or the p10. I have a beard and am an active side sleeper. I like the hose on top of the dreamwear as I feel it would be more comfortable for me but really don't know yet.

A lot of "the cool kids" here use the P10s. I was so excited when I got one of these sleek minimalistic masks. However, when I used mine with my APAP by AHIs doubled. I tried again and again, because the P10s are very cool. But it was the same every time. I did better with a nasal mask (Wisp or N20).

Flash forward. 2 weeks ago I started using an ASV machine. The exhaust from higher pressure was disturbing me (from the N20) so I gave the P10 another try. So much better!

I have not used any mask that "diffuses" the exhaust air ("intentional leaks") the way the P10s do. One almost doesn't know the P10s are putting out air unless you get really close to touching the port. This makes life more comfortable for the user (and potentially for one's bed-partner).

I also find the way the P10 delivers higher pressure (I'm pressure sensitive) is far more comfortable with the ASV.

It is a mystery to me why the P10s are great for me with ASV but not so good with APAP, but is does seem like an idiosyncrasy with me (rather than a typical condition). But it does go to show how variable masks can be.

Good luck finding the one you like.

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
The dreamwear with the cushions is very unstable. Comfortable yes, but if you're active it will move around. It's also "loud".

It's better with the gel pillows I'm told.

My Dme doesn't stock the gel pillow version.

I'm going to try the p10. So far I've had a lot of success with the eson 2 nasal mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-30-2017, 02:18 PM)Spy Car Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 12:49 PM)alarsen77 Wrote: I did ask about the mask and they said they will make sure we get a mask that works for me they won't leave me with an unpleasant experience or having to buy another mask on my own. 

A lot of "the cool kids" here use the P10s. I was so excited when I got one of these sleek minimalistic masks. However, when I used mine with my APAP by AHIs doubled. I tried again and again, because the P10s are very cool. But it was the same every time. I did better with a nasal mask (Wisp or N20).

Flash forward. 2 weeks ago I started using an ASV machine. The exhaust from higher pressure was disturbing me (from the N20) so I gave the P10 another try. So much better!

I have not used any mask that "diffuses" the exhaust air ("intentional leaks") the way the P10s do. One almost doesn't know the P10s are putting out air unless you get really close to touching the port. This makes life more comfortable for the user (and potentially for one's bed-partner).

I also find the way the P10 delivers higher pressure (I'm pressure sensitive) is far more comfortable with the ASV.

It is a mystery to me why the P10s are great for me with ASV but not so good with APAP, but is does seem like an idiosyncrasy with me (rather than a typical condition). But it does go to show how variable masks can be.

Good luck finding the one you like.

Bill

I see this mask gets a lot of great reviews but I am still not sure the hose coming out of the nose would work well for me but I guess I will have to test it and see.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used hose at the top of my head, and a hose at my nose.

I had thought I'd end up having hose related issues but I found out at least for me it really wasn't a huge deal.

I have space between my mattress and the head board. I let my hose slip down there when  on top and I get some slack and let it go there on the left side towards where my cpap is and also on the side I sleep on when I don't have the top hose attached max. 

I find the hose doesn't really move once I place it on the bed. I also tried looping it around and tucking it under memory foam pillow that also worked.

My only issue is I don't like the ribbed texture of the hose and if it should run against me or bed.
Post Reply Post Reply
dracus, Get a soft hose cover.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 137 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 271 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 190 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 498 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
  New to the Forum Dial222 8 679 12-21-2023, 08:19 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Gross Family member thinks my SA is a scam?? sleepadventurer 19 1,025 12-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New member, first night of Oscar data michael7 19 1,560 10-31-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: michael7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.