Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New guy
New guy
Hi I have been read all your posts. And I finally signed up. 

I have a sleep study Monday night to find out what's going on. My wife made me. Haha. I snore bad and I'm dog tired all day. Hopefully I will have an answer Tuesday morning. 

This has got to be the best place I've found to answer all the unknowns and questions I have had in the past week.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New guy
Hi Rustic and welcome!

It was my wife's constant telling me that I snore too much and stop breathing in my sleep that got me to go for a sleep study.  Long story short, she was right.  Make sure you get a copy of your sleep study and any prescriptions you receive.  You'll need them down the road and people on this forum can help you dial in your settings if you can provide a copy of the sleep study.  (Assuming you receive a diagnosis of OSA.)

Good luck Monday night.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!! I will get any paperwork I can. She never said I stop breathing but she is very annoyed and just enores me so I don't know if I do stop. My father has it and I have read that it can run in the family
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm only 33 so I'm not sure if I would have it but we will see.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am pretty sure that I have had it most of my life, based on the life-long symptoms other than snoring that vanished when I started using CPAP.  Contrary to what many doctors still believe, it is not an age, sex and weight specific issue.  Airway anatomy plays a large role.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ya from what I have been reading age means nothing. I'm hoping for an answer Monday night. They said if I need to use a cpap before 1:30 they would try it so I would not need to do a second sleep study. I'm just not sure how long it takes to get a cpap after that if I need one.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum, Rustic.

Looking back, I've had sleep apnea since my late teens.

Good luck with your sleep study.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!! It's all in charted territory for me so I'm concerned about the "what's next". I have been reading a lot of posts on this site and its help a lot.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome Rustic. Age really doesn't mean much to be honest. I was diagnosed (the first time) in my mid-20s and again in my 30s although I'd bet that I've had it all the way through. I was taken off it due to large weight loss.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum.

Two things. 
EVERY time they put a mask on ask if you can try others. Getting a mask to fit correctly is one of the hardest things to do.
The Mask Primer has a strategy for selecting masks as well as a lot of other information.  See my Signature.

Second
Read about the process here.   http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...he_Process
This is but one article in a series designed to help the newcomer get started.  The main link is also in my signature.

If you haven't read these please do so.

Finally feel free to ask questions.  Everyone is a bit different and the people here are very very good at tweaking therapy.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.