Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New guy
RE: New guy
Thank you all I have been doing so much reading I'm not sure if I can read anymore!! Hahaha I will keep reading thanks Fred!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Rustic,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you at your sleep study, let us know how things go.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2017, 06:48 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Rustic,
WELCOME! to the forum.!

Thank you!! I will let you know.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2017, 06:48 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Rustic,
WELCOME! to the forum.!

Thank you!! I will let you know.
Post Reply Post Reply
So I had the study done last night. I couldn't sleep. I don't know how they are going to see anything. They said it was a split but no one came in. But I also didn't really sleep the first 3 hrs. Over all a really bad night. Not sure what to do next a.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the club.
I cannot sleep (much) without my CPAP, My study turned out much like yours.

First, get a copy of the sleep study for your records and post here. This will contain VERY important info like do you have anything other than basic obstructive sleep apnea. Those are treated differently, same type of equipment but frequently different models.

I suspect they got enough to say you have apnea, but didn't have enough time left to do a titration (that would have been a split study)

If you were mostly obstructive there are two possibilities, a second, titration sleep study where they find a treatment that works for you. or possibly send you home with an Auto CPAP to titrate at home. Most likely a second sleep study, titration study is in your near future.

hang in there

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Fred!! They told me about a week and a half for the results. I snore so bad at home but they said that I didn't really snore last night.

I am not look forward to going back and doing that agian. I would rather (if I can) just get the good one that you guys talk about and go from there.

I just don't see how they are going to see anything. But I guess we will wait and see.
Post Reply Post Reply
If they diagnose obstructive sleep apnea, you can request that they prescribe auto CPAP and allow you to self-titrate, on the basis you do not tolerate the clinic study environment. That is exactly how it worked for me. You have the right to decline any study, and the diagnosis alone is sufficient to obtain the prescription, no matter how much more of your money they want. Request a prescription for the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset with heated humidifier and heated tubing, with appropriate mask and supplies. Hopefully they can help you find a mask that is comfortable, but your supplier can go over that with you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am close to you in progress. I have had my sleep study and titration study and am waiting for results and waiting for my Rx from doctor. Currently I am using a loaner from my DME.

My strategy for anything new is to be prepared. Having no idea what you have done so far, this is my recommendation (FWIW).

While you wait for the results, take a look at machines. There seems to be 2 main manufacturers and a few others (less popular). Then, if your doctor diagnoses sleep apnea, and you know what machine you want, you can ask for the Rx to include the brand name. For instance, my DME won't supply the machine I want unless it is written on the doctor's script. If your doctor isn't ready to write a script, no harm done.

Also, check out a couple of DMEs in your area. Telephone and ask them to describe their services, see how flexible, or not, they are. Ask them what machine they recommend (this is a test?). If they know nothing about you and recommend a machine, then this probably is the one they push. Not bad if it's the one you want.

Also, find out about their policy regarding masks. What happens if you can't get the mask to work, what time frame for returns. Will they fit you for a mask, and if so how do they do that. Will they submit insurance documents on your behalf, do they work with your insurer.

If you have medical insurance/coverage find out what their coverage includes/excludes.

These are the things I did because the machine is expensive and even with insurance, they cannot be replaced willy-nilly. I didn't want someone to push a bad product on me.

This forum is invaluable for information. They also talk about SleepyHead. It is a great tool (free) to look at and analyse your sleep. The knowledgeable members here will help you with it. But, you need a machine that fully capable of collecting your data.

A lot ..... yes, but most of it is just keeping things in mind while reading the forum.

If you end up with a sleep apnea diagnosis you will be prepared and if you don't have sleep apnea, you will have learned something new.

Again FWIW, I am a champion snorer. Could be heard from one end of the house to the other. My husband doesn't hear any snoring now.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been reading anything I can read about the process and what to do after. If thy say I need a cpap I'm going to be asking the the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset.

As for doing another sleep study. I'm not sure a can do it.

Cost is not an issue. I have insurance and it will cover all of it.

I just don't know how they will be able to find anything out about my sleep as I don't think I really did and. Haha.

I filled out there empson.. Scale (can't spell it ahha)and was a 12. It said anything over an 8 was serious..
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.