Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New guy
New guy
Thanks for the ad. Found out about this site from a friend. I’ve been c papping since the beginning of August. I have a lot to read here.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New guy
Welcome! Let us know if you have questions about your treatment or what you read on the site.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to Apnea Board Xltrod,

Yes, there is a lot to read! Check out the wiki and many of us have helpful links in our signature lines.

Just ask if you have questions.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Know that, for must users, it is a journey not an overnight fix. Maybe you will be one of the lucky ones, but if not, know that it is a journey for the majority. Persistence and perseverance are keys.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-09-2022, 12:44 AM)clownbell Wrote: Know that, for must users, it is a journey not an overnight fix. Maybe you will be one of the lucky ones, but if not, know that it is a journey for the majority. Persistence and perseverance are keys.

I agree, I am in the process of trying to find a mask that I can wear that seals with out ratchet strapping it to my face. I ordered one that a friend has been using with great success. I don’t mind the process , just need for the mask to be comfortable. Thank you for the welcomes .
Post Reply Post Reply
Most masks are designed to seal without being super tight on the face. In fact, overtightening causes air leaks.

Here's a good wiki article to help.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! Awesome link, I have been slowly evolving into some of the fixes they are pointing out.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.