Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New guy here
Condensation will occur when the relative humidity exceeds the dew point...if you weren't a pilot I would have never said that. Smile

Decreasing the humidity setting, and/or increasing the heated hose in manual settings will solve the problem. Setting humidity and hose temperatures to auto will result in less humidity, but will also prevent condensation since the machine can detect relative humidity.
Post Reply Post Reply
You could also pin a small blanket around the hose, as a hose warmer. Or thread it through a few pairs of old knee sox (cutting a hole for it). Etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hahaha! Well played sir!

I will go to auto on the humidity and see if that helps.

Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply

BadgoodDeb made an excellent point. Check into "Snugglehose" These are fleece hose covers that not only prevent condensation, but are a lot more comfortable for you. It's a lot nicer to feel soft fleece rub your face than a plastic hose! The come in zipper models which are easier to remove and install for cleaning, or slip-on covers. I have used these tube covers on heated hoses ever since I started this, and wouldn't go without.
Post Reply Post Reply
Any advice on where to get a good chin strap? I keep waking up with air coming out my mouth and the chin strap that came with my mask isn't staying on properly. It is just one piece of cloth that doesn't stay put throughout the night.
Post Reply Post Reply