Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New guy here saying hello.
New guy here saying hello.
Wife tells me I have had sleep apnea since we met 30 years ago. Not understanding or trying to correct it till a Dr. pointed it out. After the sleep study I was told I have apnea. The sleep center gave me a loaner CPAP and have slept well with it and a nasal mask. My Dr. ordered a Resmed autosense 10 for me. I have yet to receive it but glad I found your site and have already learned a lot without even seeing the machine. Thanks for the great info and I look forward to a better nights sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New guy here saying hello.
Hi JohnnyH!

Welcome

Kick back and stay awhile.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome. Coffee and doughnuts at 09:00 (I think it's sgearhart's turn to buy.)
Just kidding.

Please ask questions as they arise. And enjoy the camaraderie of the forum.

Kindest Regards,

Mongo

edited for spelling: camaraderie
Thanks JohnneyH
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the welcome guys. I love Full Metal Jacket. Will enjoy the camaraderie and the coffee. Coffee is 05:00 round here.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi JohnnyH,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's good to hear that you are getting your Sleep Apnea treated.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi JohnnyH,

Welcome to the forum. It has been a big help for me. I like to take an active role in any medical treatment that I receive. The information here really helps in that regard.

Jeff
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome! That's a fantastic machine, I use it also. Have you decided on a mask?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New guy here Received my machine.
Tech guy came today and delivered the CPAP. He advised I have every three month supply deliveries. He also came with a full faced mask that I really don't care for. I have a goatee and had to pull pretty tight on the straps to seal it. Back to using the nasal mask which is what the sleep center said all along. There was a heated tube in the bag and see that listed as optional eqpt. $40.00. Also, the push I need to exhale is greater then the loner and the tech said the new machine was set on 3. (learned that here, thanks). Again, thanks for your wisdom in something new to me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Cool 
Hi JohhnyH - welcome aboard. I too use this machine. I have posted quite a bit about it elsewhere on this forum. Definitely get and use the climate control hose and set to Auto to avoid any rainout issues if they occur for you. Also, be sure to download one of the data tracking softwares (links to these elsewhere in the forum) to track your data and make adjustments as needed. Best of luck with your therapy!lots-o-coffee
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sonicboom, I have the heated hose if that's the climate hose. I don't know if I need to use all the bells and whistles. My Sleep Center Dr. thinks I will. From the first night at home, I slept with a loaner, a manual CPAP and the mask for two weeks today. Even the ramping was distracting. Just turn it on. I appreciate the advice, I am a minimalist with things at home. I am in engineering and deal with overthought things all day. I am interested in the software just to play but I am a Mac guy. Great to get advice. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.