Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New guy here.
New guy here.
Hi everybody. I am a new guy to the forum. Was diagnosed with moderate SA last month and have since received a DreamStation APAP set pressures of 6-15. Dr sent me a letter with the remarks of 23 breathing episodes per hr and my oxygen levels were mainly between 90-95 with an occasional drop into the 80's with the lowest recorded at %87. Tonight will finish up the first week with 100% compliance so far averaging 8 hrs per night. I don't have sleepyhead downloaded yet but I do have the Dreammapper app on my phone. First night showed 7 AHI and since then it has been 4 or less. On 3.7 AHI the app breaks it down to 1 central- 8 obstructive sleep and 22 hypopneas. My question is, is this improvement? I'm really new to this and want it to work right. My machine is a DreamStation auto and I've been wearing an Amara View mask. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New guy here.
Welcome to the group. I would say you are doing very well. But I am new myself and I'll let more experienced folks speak up.
Sleeping better since 01/13/2016 Smile

Masks I have tried to date
AirFit F10-FFM, AirFit N10-Nasal, Mirage Liberty-Hybrid FFM, Mirage Quattro-FFM, Swift FX Nano-Pillow, Mirage Activa LT-Nasal, ComfortGel Blue-FFM, Amara View -FFM, Pilairo Q -Pillow
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-13-2016, 02:09 PM)Buckshot Wrote: Tonight will finish up the first week with 100% compliance so far averaging 8 hrs per night. I don't have sleepyhead downloaded yet but I do have the Dreammapper app on my phone. First night showed 7 AHI and since then it has been 4 or less. On 3.7 AHI the app breaks it down to 1 central- 8 obstructive sleep and 22 hypopneas. My question is, is this improvement? I'm really new to this and want it to work right. My machine is a DreamStation auto and I've been wearing an Amara View mask. Thank you.
Congrats on a flying start, 8 hours is a very good results, indeed
I'm inclined to raise the minimum pressure somewhat, might be all what needed to deal with those hypopneas and obstructive events but hard to tell without knowing what pressure and leaks are up to. As for improvement, yes it is and in no time, will get even better
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much Mr Nifty and Zonk. Thank you for the encouragement.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Buckshot,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It’s good to hear that you're adjusting to your mask and machine so well, keep up the good work.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to ApneaBoard Buckshot!

What is your leak rate? Cause if you're having a lot of leaks it could raise your AHI up.

Does sound like you're adapting very well right off the bat to CPAP. That's good to hear!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-13-2016, 02:09 PM)Buckshot Wrote: Hi everybody. I am a new guy to the forum. Was diagnosed with moderate SA last month and have since received a DreamStation APAP set pressures of 6-15. Dr sent me a letter with the remarks of 23 breathing episodes per hr and my oxygen levels were mainly between 90-95 withO an occasional drop into the 80's with the lowest recorded at %87. Tonight will finish up the first week with 100% compliance so far averaging 8 hrs per night. I don't have sleepyhead downloaded yet but I do have the Dreammapper app on my phone. First night showed 7 AHI and since then it has been 4 or less. On 3.7 AHI the app breaks it down to 1 central- 8 obstructive sleep and 22 hypopneas. My question is, is this improvement? I'm really new to this and want it to work right. My machine is a DreamStation auto and I've been wearing an Amara View mask. Thank you.

Does you machine or DreamMapper show the 95% pressure? Your pressure range should be bracketed around that number, about 2cm below and 2 above that number.

It looks pretty good, but can probably eliminate some of those hypopneas by inching your minimum pressure up a bit, mabye to 7cm and watch for a while.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replays. Right now all I have is the Dreammapper on my phone. Last night I tried a nasal mask and I couldn't get it to stop leaking. After a couple of hours I put my Amara view back on. AHI this owning was 7. The app didn't show any leakage even after taking it on and off several times trying to reseat the nasal mask. Ate supper later than normal but got in bed around the same time. Might that have an effect on the numbers?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-14-2016, 10:47 AM)Buckshot Wrote: Thanks for the replays. Right now all I have is the Dreammapper on my phone. Last night I tried a nasal mask and I couldn't get it to stop leaking. After a couple of hours I put my Amara view back on. AHI this owning was 7. The app didn't show any leakage even after taking it on and off several times trying to reseat the nasal mask. Ate supper later than normal but got in bed around the same time. Might that have an effect on the numbers?

Yep, eating late affects my AHI too, and not in a good way!

Try to control mask leaks, even if machine doesn't report any. I don't think it will unless high enough to affect therapy.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you OpalRose.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.