Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New guy need help w/ resmed s9
New guy need help w/ resmed s9
Hi all. I have been using cpap for about 2 years now. I'm considering adjusting my pressure but I have a few questions I thought maybe you guys could help me with. The main question I have is can I record my results via SD card and view them, and if so, how? Thanks in advance and it's good to be here and maybe I can help someone also
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New guy need help w/ resmed s9
(09-24-2015, 06:38 PM)Bluedragon Wrote: The main question I have is can I record my results via SD card and view them, and if so, how? Thanks in advance and it's good to be here and maybe I can help someone also
Hello Bluedragon and welcome to the forum
Yes, you'll need to ensure the SD card inserted in the machine whie using it
SleepyHead software link is at the top of the page, you'll need SD card reader if your computer does not have a slot for the SD card

Also depend on the model, S9 Escape does not report anything useful beside hours using the machine
[Image: s9-autoset-models.jpg]

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Bluedragon,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Which S9 do you have? There are several machines with S9 in their names.
Hang in there for answers to your questions and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to the two of you for making me feel welcome here. It is an autoset style. Also, is there a certain style SD card that I need to buy. They set my machine up for me when I was first diagnosed and I haven't touched it since.
Post Reply Post Reply
A 2GB speed class 2 card is the OEM card.
It will not accept an SDHC card.
I got a bunch from Jeff Bezo's online emporium.
(not permitted to give you a link.)
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Is that something I can buy at Walmart or an electronics store?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-24-2015, 07:51 PM)Bluedragon Wrote: Is that something I can buy at Walmart or an electronics store?
I think so, but Resmed tell you to use only their own SD card
Does not have to be large one, just normal
[Image: SD_memory.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Bluedragon -- I've had no problem using SDHC cards in my S9 machine. I usually watch for a sale at Officemax.
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed therapy data card FAQs http://www.resmed.com/au/en/consumer/sup...-faqs.html

ResMed S9 SD Card Q&A http://www.resmed.com/au/dam/documents/a...dQandA.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
My S9 wiull not use SDHC cards. They require old old olde SD cards. They are not generally available at Wal Mart or Staples or Office Max. The standard SD cards max out at 2 GB. Anyh higher and it it NOT an SD card.

You can say Amazon on this board. Just like you can say Sears or Home Depot or Safeway. No need to get all wrapped around that axle.

You can get them there. Or at least you could a year or two back.

Some folks claim success with the newer cards. I guess it kind of depends on the version of the firmware your machine has. And Resmed, for some reason, does not facilitate firmware upgrades. In my opinion, they do some things well, but can behave in a very anti-customer way in many respects.

Oh, and you will need ResScan or Sleepyhead software to read the cards to figure out your pressure question.

Now, given you have an AutoSet, you dould just get the clinician manual from this site, set your machine to auto (I assume it is set to CPAP mode given you have a single pressure). I would set it to probably 10-20 for a couple of weeks and let it do its thing and see if you get any improvement out of it.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.