Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New guy - thanks for all your help!
New guy - thanks for all your help!
I'm new here, and just started on CPAP 5 days ago. Already, this forum has been a big help. Following the advice given here, I had my Doc fax a new prescription to my DME supplier and told them to trade the ResMed Escape Auto they gave me for an Elite so I can get detailed data and leak detection.

I've installed ResScan and with the summary data found that my AHI is now 2.3, much better than the 36 it was during my home sleep study.

I've been on the machine for 4 nights so far, and have slept pretty well from the first night. I've woken up once or twice each night, but seem to go back to sleep pretty quickly. The CPAP is nowhere near as annoying as I was afraid it would be and it certainly beats the possible alternatives Wink. I guess I got lucky with my first mask, as the Wisp is comfortable and doesn't seem to leak.

Anyway, thanks for the wealth of knowledge. I made a donation to help support the site this weekend, it's worth much more. Hopefully I can share some knowledge at some point in the future once I have something worthwhile to contribute.... I'm going to go back to reading!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New guy - thanks for all your help!
Hi pakwaan,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Sounds like you are off to a good start, good on you for taking the bull by the horns and getting a data-capable machine.
Yes, CPAP therapy has a learning curve, but you are getting the hang of it. You have a great attitude toward your CPAP therapy and that will go a long way.
Do hang around for more responses to your post and best of luck as you continue with this therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Great news!

You did get lucky with your first mask -- many/most people go through 5-8 masks before finding "the one".

You are finding it an acceptable annoyance and sleeping well -- that is the first and perhaps main battle: To just wear the thing ALL the time when sleeping.

And your numbers are already great!

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
You sidebar profile implies that you have a S9 AutoSet and not an Elite. I hope that's the case since the AutoSet is a much easier machine to get quickly into the right therapy.

You are doing well indeed! Stick around and join in when you have something to say.

Welcome May you always Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-15-2014, 04:56 PM)surferdude2 Wrote: Stick around and join in when you have something to say.

Or join in even if you don't have anything to say. I do that all the time.

Good job getting started on the therapy. Your ahi looks terrific.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome, you got here quickly. It took me 6 months to think about researching and finding this site. But now you are here and as you have seen it is a wealth of info and people willing to help. Sounds like you will do fine, just keep reading and learning and asking questions when needed.

Good work!
Good Luck!

Doc J (despite my nickname I am not a doctor)

Remember to donate to the board if you can, it has helped a lot of people including myself.
Post Reply Post Reply
After reading a little more, I decided to have the doc re-send the new script, specifying the AutoSet instead. They just sent it, so now I just have to fight with the DME provider. Yesterday they told me they would have to get my insurance to approve the expense. That was before I found out it was all the same billing code. Today I'll be better armed for battle, thanks to this forum!
Post Reply Post Reply
You can also change DMEs in most every case if they "can't get it approved."

Talk to your insurance company if you have ANY doubts.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Great news, Pak!
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.