Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New guy with questions about buying a used machine
RE: New guy with questions about buying a used machine
I understand that the force of the chest heaving when trying to breath will suck the stomach acid up the throat. XPAP can stop this...
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2015, 11:12 AM)archangle Wrote: If you're that concerned about this issue, you should probably not participate in this web site.

Thank you for your concern. I'll not go into politics here and that is where pursuing this would lead.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2015, 12:09 PM)player Wrote: I understand that the force of the chest heaving when trying to breath will suck the stomach acid up the throat. XPAP can stop this...

Sounds dead on!
Thank you so very much for this info. Is most encouraging!
Gee I have a lot to learn. Thinking-about
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
apnea can contribute to many problems. lack of quality sleep will hit you where you are already weak... auto-immune illness (like hashimotos) is one of the things often seen in those who are sleep deprived. How much will treating the apnea fix the things that have already gone wrong is really individual, but it can stop the next rotten thing from happening, and there is always the hope you are still able to heal from previous damage when you stop the bad input (in this case, lousy sleep is the bad input)

I sleep much more peacefully since beginning cpap. no more snoring, kicking, less tossing and turning. Wake up in much less pain and without headache most days. It's a good start! On the other side, sinus issues are worse, not better. Started using a xylitol spray (Xlear) which is helping with that.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
@archangel

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid107873

My wife said I'm beginning to sound like my late father. I'm too young to act that old.
Mea culpa. Thanks for your advice.
I have an initial visit with sleep Doc in a month. He has requested results of past studies. Perhaps I can talk him into an auto machine w/o another study. Now have excellent HI as wife went back to former employer so will try to hold off doing anything too rash before then. I am chomping at the bit to get started on what I hope will be much better health - and attitude <embarrassed>
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 160 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 272 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 267 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 702 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  [CPAP] buying a CPAP from the US for use in Australia. scottie199 103 32,609 02-22-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: DB10
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 308 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 467 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.