Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Software readings
CPAP Software readings
I have the software and not alot of readings but I have what I have. Most every night my AHI readings are .3 and my median pressure is 10 with a max of 12 every night. My cpap is set at 8-12. Should I increase the pressure since it appears to get maxed out every night?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP Software readings
Welcome aboard Smile

I think your AHI is awesome and I wouldn't change a thing - not for a month at least. You don't mention what software you are using - is the AHI number from the machine itself?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-24-2014, 05:18 PM)aroulette Wrote: I have the software and not alot of readings but I have what I have. Most every night my AHI readings are .3 and my median pressure is 10 with a max of 12 every night. My cpap is set at 8-12. Should I increase the pressure since it appears to get maxed out every night?
Hi aroulette, welcome aboard
The Escape Auto (as shown in user profile Machine: Auto Escape EPR) is not exactly full data capable machine, no central apnea detection, no detailed data graphs on the card or leak rate info. Leak rate tells us whether leak within the acceptable range
whats the 95th percentile pressure? 12 does not mean the pressure was at 12 all night long, no way of knowing without detailed data graphs which is missing from the Escape Auto

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi aroulette,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your questions and best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
the 95th percentile is 11.9

(02-24-2014, 05:56 PM)zonk Wrote:
(02-24-2014, 05:18 PM)aroulette Wrote: I have the software and not alot of readings but I have what I have. Most every night my AHI readings are .3 and my median pressure is 10 with a max of 12 every night. My cpap is set at 8-12. Should I increase the pressure since it appears to get maxed out every night?
Hi aroulette, welcome aboard
The Escape Auto (as shown in user profile Machine: Auto Escape EPR) is not exactly full data capable machine, no central apnea detection, no detailed data graphs on the card or leak rate info. Leak rate tells us whether leak within the acceptable range
whats the 95th percentile pressure? 12 does not mean the pressure was at 12 all night long, no way of knowing without detailed data graphs which is missing from the Escape Auto

Also, is there another machine I should ask for?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-24-2014, 06:03 PM)aroulette Wrote: Also, is there another machine I should ask for?
S9 AutoSet (name printed next to on/off button)

Escape Auto is APAP not AutoSet ... two completely different machines
Check specification http://www.resmed.com/us/products/s9_ser...nc=dealers

95th percentile means pressure was at or below this number for 95% of the time
Post Reply Post Reply
You PROBABLY don't need to change your pressure.

What is the makeup of those events? Are they mostly CAs? More pressure probably won't help those.

Sounds like 2-4 events per night and if they are isolated that it probably where it will stay. Adding pressure MIGHT make it worse even.

Look at those events (magnified in SleepyHead) and see what they really represent.

They could be machine artifacts, e.g., as you fall asleep/wake up, or just hypopneas the machine isn't scoring correctly.

If you have one of these situations (CAs or unimportant events) there is probably zero value in messing with the settings.

I too would like to see a 0.0, but that is more of a "fun" thing than a "therapy" goal.

(BTW, I have had some luck with reducing air flow or upping resistance with a smaller nasal pillow to reduce CAs -- too early to tell if this is just coincidental or a real effect but I am working on isolating the cause if any. This is mere amusement to get down from AHI 0.2-1.9 to NO EVENTS events.)

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 476 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 675 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 402 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  OSCAR pressure readings versus BIPAP display smallhandsfeeding 0 155 02-07-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,127 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  Contec CMS50E Pulse Oximeter Software John7 0 384 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: John7
  [Equipment] Which 24 Hr Oximeter to buy & PC/Tablet compatible software EasySleep 0 342 11-08-2023, 08:26 AM
Last Post: EasySleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.