Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New here!
RE: New here!
(02-22-2014, 06:02 PM)Dutch Wrote: I'm 49 years old.
I had a sleep registration for about 7 years ago.
That night there was a AHI of 9.
And since someone had to be suffering from an AHI 10 or higher to be treaded with CPAP, I got none.
I was a truck driver for a living back then, and I couldn't drive 20 minutes, without get a nap from 30 minutes.
So I bought my own 2 CPAPs (without prescription). One for home, and one for on the road.
Now, 7 years later, the guidelines are less strict.
So I got a new sleep study, and now I have a AHI of 11,5.
I got a Resmed S9 Autoset, and a Resmed Quattro, in my 2 week titration period, which ends next Wednesday.

I live in Europe, in the Netherlands. That explains my name, don't you think? Too-funny

Welcome Dutch! Welcome

Smile It explains why we might call you Dutch, but it doesn't exactly explain why you call yourself that Nederlander Wink

Glad you were smart enough to get treatment and stay safe on the road.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-22-2014, 07:13 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Yeah, sometimes that happens, if your clinitian is opened to learning a few things, that's really good.

I met him for the first time on Feb 12th. But I really like him. That is important in my opinion.
I can talk with him about my problems and concerns.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-22-2014, 07:23 PM)Dutch Wrote:
(02-22-2014, 07:13 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Yeah, sometimes that happens, if your clinitian is opened to learning a few things, that's really good.

I met him for the first time on Feb 12th. But I really like him. That is important in my opinion.
I can talk with him about my problems and concerns.
That's good, it's always better if you get started on the right foot. Hopefully, he continues to be receptive to your ideas and really listens to what you have to say.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, I met my 7 post limit yesterday for new members.
So I couldn't react any sooner.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
(02-22-2014, 07:13 PM)herbm Wrote:
(02-22-2014, 06:02 PM)Dutch Wrote: I live in Europe, in the Netherlands. That explains my name, don't you think? Too-funny

Welcome Dutch! Welcome

Smile It explains why we might call you Dutch, but it doesn't exactly explain why you call yourself that Nederlander Wink

Glad you were smart enough to get treatment and stay safe on the road.

How did you know about that "Nederlander"?
There are very little people know such things about our little country, and also written in perfect "Dutch". Too-funny

I want to say "Thank you" to all who gave me such a warm welcome. Bigwink

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Dutch, Welcome! Looks like you are feeling at home so hope to see you around the traps.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
During my Army days in Germany, I made a habit of visiting Nijmegen for the Nijmeegse Vierdaagse, only occasionally going to Amsterdam.

The best way to meet Nederlands girls was to sit in a bar with my Nederlands language book open, studying the language (really) and drinking a beer.

Everyone was so impressed that the American soldier was studying the language that they starting buying me beers, girls included. The men all wanted to introduce me to their sisters.

"Ik spreek maar een beetje nederlands", was an amazingly effective pick-up line. Smile

Also useful is, "Wil je me helpen om zeg dit woord??"

And of course almost everyone there speaks some English and wants to practice it so we had a very good time.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
And since someone had to be suffering from an AHI 10 or higher to be treaded with CPAP, I got none.
I was a truck driver for a living back then, and I couldn't drive 20 minutes, without get a nap from 30 minutes.
So I bought my own 2 CPAPs (without prescription). One for home, and one for on the road.
I got a Resmed S9 Autoset, and a Resmed Quattro, in my 2 week titration period, which ends next Wednesday.

I live in Europe, in the Netherlands. That explains my name, don't you think? Too-funny

Welcome Dutch! I'm new too. I bought one APAP and CPAP without prescription too.
I never really had daytime sleeping problems, just snoring and stopped breathing. I have heart disease really bad in my family and had my own problems there so fathering seeing good my sons CPAP was doing I decided to it also. I have not missed the unending bathroom trips and everyone loves the quiet when I sleep. I sure feel more rested now.

It took me a little time to figure how how to stop the rainout, but I did and I love the very first mask I got. Nasal gel mask.

Any case welcome!

I have so many questions myself, but I tend to try and read and locate the answers. You will find that there are great folks here with lots of experience with a sincere williness to help. So jump right on inLolabove
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2014, 10:16 PM)Gabby Wrote: Hi Dutch, Welcome! Looks like you are feeling at home so hope to see you around the traps.

Thanks Gabby. I am, you will. Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-24-2014, 12:42 PM)Franklyspeaking Wrote:

Welcome Dutch! I'm new too. I bought one APAP and CPAP without prescription too.
I never really had daytime sleeping problems, just snoring and stopped breathing. I have heart disease really bad in my family and had my own problems there so fathering seeing good my sons CPAP was doing I decided to it also. I have not missed the unending bathroom trips and everyone loves the quiet when I sleep. I sure feel more rested now.

It took me a little time to figure how how to stop the rainout, but I did and I love the very first mask I got. Nasal gel mask.

Any case welcome!

I have so many questions myself, but I tend to try and read and locate the answers. You will find that there are great folks here with lots of experience with a sincere williness to help. So jump right on inLolabove

I like to say a Welcome to you also.

I found everything I know about CPAPs and apnea on forums. And don't forget YouTube.
I think most of us know more of it than many doctors. Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome Dutch! That is a great story. Glad you took care of yourself. I do recall reading an article a while back debating whether it is necessary to treat mild sleep apnea. I of course believe it is necessary as it will only get worse and why put the body through even a mild case of it. I think awareness of sleep apnea is making it's mark now.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.