Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New here. Dreamwear or N-20?
New here. Dreamwear or N-20?
hi!  Just found you folks yesterday after appointment with sleep doctor.  Having a home sleep study done shortly.  Had one done a year ago which showed moderate sleep apnea but new doc doesnt like the testing they did, so repeating it.
Anyway, he suggests the Resmed S-10 For Her machine and I have a choice of Dreamwear mask or N-10 or N-20.  Any input on the mask?  I tend to sleep on my back or side.  I'm leaning towards the Dreamwear because it looks  less intrusive.
All thoughts welcome!
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New here. Dreamwear or N-20?
Binti, I'm a relatively new user but I think it is safe to say that masks are one of those items where preferences and results vary from person to person.

With my insurance, I had early (and finite) window to try new masks. Check yours.

For the pillow-style there is also the popular and very minimalistic ResMed P10 (with P20s somewhere in the works).

For me, I wanted the P10s to work very badly. I loved the idea of a very unobtrusive mask. Unfortunately, I had much worse results the the P10s than with a nasal mask. I'm not suggesting this is typical, it just shows one never knows.

If you could get both a N20 and a pillow-style I'd do that. If you need to use one of the two for a week or so before getting the next mask, I'd advise getting the nasal mask first. You might end up liking the pillows more, but—in my estimation—it is the option for both a higher upside (if it works for you) and a higher downside (if it doesn't).

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
I use both dreamwear and the resmed p10. I prefer the p10 slightly more. I tried the n20 but couldn't get used to it - there is just too much around my face. The biggest downside I had with the dreamwear is that its just slightly more finicky than the p10, and I find I adjust it in the night. As far as comfort, I personally don't think the dreamwear can be beat for comfort around the nose and face. As most will tell you though - finding the right mask for you as the most difficult part of adjusting to any PAP therapy, and as its such a personal decision YMMV. Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not a fan of nasal masks, that was what they started me on. I had to battle my way to a P10. One of the best decisions I made. I'm a side and back sleeper, very nice minimalist mask, and I wear glasses.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the Dreamwear and the Airfit P10s. I love them both. On my use the P10s are harder to control leaks with but the leaks are well within tolerable limits for effective therapy. The biggest problem with the Dreamwear for me was that the venting out of the front of the mask would dry my eyes out during the night which led to a severe dry eye problem. Another possible mask in the P10 genre of mask is the Rio which I like too. The advantage it has over P10 are the adjustable straps. YMMV.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Binti1962,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
The mask is the hardest part of this therapy so don't be shy about asking to try different ones 'till you find what works for you.
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Also, keep in mind a few suppliers allow trials and so if you don't like the one you get you can return it. Check the supplier list for masks with 30 day returns, etc.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 293 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Philips DreamWear FFM mask size question cps22 0 332 11-09-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Dreamwear/F30i Rebdr 1 512 11-03-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] Phillips Dreamwear mask is whistling melody 2 581 09-26-2023, 03:43 PM
  Modifying DREAMWEAR silicone nasal pillow mask xaid 2 715 07-01-2023, 11:33 AM
  Dreamwear pillow mask fit. frame too small? jerop 6 755 05-19-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: YipeekiOH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.