Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New here Hi from Chicago the city that never (can't) sleeps.
New here Hi from Chicago the city that never (can't) sleeps.
I joined here to get an answer but I think I may have figured it out. Got some new filters for my machine and went to put one in and there wasn't an old one in there. So I didn't know which side of the filter faced in or out. Well one side looks and feels like the inside of a diaper and I figured that must be the incoming side so that's what i went with.

guess new people can't include a picture.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New here Hi from Chicago the city that never (can't) sleeps.
G'day skulldrinker, Welcome

Glad you go it sorted. You need to have a minimum number of posts before you can include a picture - helps prevent spammers.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to Apnea Board skulldrinker .

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi skulldrinker,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2015, 04:11 AM)skulldrinker Wrote: I joined here to get an answer but I think I may have figured it out. Got some new filters for my machine and went to put one in and there wasn't an old one in there. So I didn't know which side of the filter faced in or out. Well one side looks and feels like the inside of a diaper and I figured that must be the incoming side so that's what i went with.

guess new people can't include a picture.

Hi skulldrinker,
Are you talking about the white filter or black foam filter?
The white filter goes in first with mesh side in. (This filter is optional.. should be replaced every couple months as it cannot be washed.)

The black foam filter goes in last. (This filter is washable and can be reused.)
Hope that helps!
Wave Welcome to Apnea Board

Oh...I just noticed your machine is 15 years old...so not sure if takes the same filters as newer machines.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2015, 10:48 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Hi skulldrinker,
Are you talking about the white filter or black foam filter?
The white filter goes in first with mesh side in. (This filter is optional.. should be replaced every couple months as it cannot be washed.)

The black foam filter goes in last. (This filter is washable and can be reused.)
Hope that helps!
Wave Welcome to Apnea Board

Oh...I just noticed your machine is 15 years old...so not sure if takes the same filters as newer machines.

Thanks for the reply OpalRose. Yes that's how i ended up doing it. It was so long ago since I changed the filter I guess I forgot. All is running clean again! I really enjoyed my new mask last night. No more side leaks.

Post Reply Post Reply
You may want to consider a new machine, especially if you have insurance that will cover the majority of the cost. A lot has changed in the way the machines work now as opposed to 15 years ago. Humidifiers with climate line tubing are awesome to have. Machines now can be set at a pressure range so you don't have to have high pressure all night while sleeping and get the necessary pressure only and that, to me, is a huge plus.

As far as filters, it is recommended with the machines of today, to change them 2 times per month, especially if you have pets. I keep my filters changed, my tank is kept in the closed area where it belongs so one would think that it is highly unlikely to get crap in it but that is not correct. I often find what I think is pet hair in my tank. Anyway, welcome.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ditto what Opal Rose posted.....

You need to clean and replace the filters regularly. The foam one is reusable. The white one is a ultra fine filter you can use if needed. I use CPAP in a truck and the ultra fine filters clog so quick I don't bother with them.

That old of a machine you should be looking at a replacement.

If you NEED but really can't afford a machine there are charity options available.

The American Sleep Apnea Association has a CPAP assistance program. It accepts the donation of "gently used" cpap.. properly rehabilitates them and makes them available to patients that really can't afford a cpap for a reasonable donation to cover shipping handling and masks and hoses.

If nothing else if you've got a "gently used" cpap it's a way to "pay it forward" to someone else needing help.
ps... waving hi from the west suburbs of Chicago....lol
Ditto what Opal Rose posted.....

You need to clean and replace the filters regularly. The foam one is reusable. The white one is a ultra fine filter you can use if needed. I use CPAP in a truck and the ultra fine filters clog so quick I don't bother with them.

That old of a machine you should be looking at a replacement.

If you NEED but really can't afford a machine there are charity options available.

The American Sleep Apnea Association has a CPAP assistance program. It accepts the donation of "gently used" cpap.. properly rehabilitates them and makes them available to patients that really can't afford a cpap for a reasonable donation to cover shipping handling and masks and hoses.

If nothing else if you've got a "gently used" cpap it's a way to "pay it forward" to someone else needing help.
(Just a truck driver with sleep apnea )
Post Reply Post Reply
truckerdad57 yes I am in the same boat. I got my DOT physical coming due on March 1st. I know I need a new one but kept putting it off. I thought I needed to get another study done to get one. I might I don't really know.

I drive a semi-dump out of West Chicago soon to be Batavia. We have a new yard going up on Hubbard.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2015, 09:15 PM)skulldrinker Wrote: truckerdad57 yes I am in the same boat. I got my DOT physical coming due on March 1st. I know I need a new one but kept putting it off. I thought I needed to get another study done to get one. I might I don't really know.

I drive a semi-dump out of West Chicago soon to be Batavia. We have a new yard going up on Hubbard.

West Chicago soon to be Batavia? As in the towns are merging? Wow
Been a while since I lived in the 'burbs.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leak City. What is going on? Djungelbobo 16 1,345 09-16-2021, 04:26 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] New to APNEA, struggling to get full nights sleeps, appreciate review and advice. new2paphopeful 5 1,036 09-26-2020, 06:33 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  High AHI's in Mexico City Sterling147 22 4,228 05-24-2017, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Sterling147
  Event City readyforsleep 5 2,481 05-18-2014, 11:26 AM
Last Post: retired_guy
  A Mouth Breather Finally Sleeps Thru the Night ShelaghDB 2 2,422 05-11-2014, 10:13 AM
Last Post: trish6hundred

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.