Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New here....Need some help with Oscar data <3
RE: New here....Need some help with Oscar data <3
I suspect that the high respiratory rate is an artefact. I'm always suspicious when I see a respiratory rate in the same general ballpark as heart rate. I would suggest zooming in on a couple of minutes where the respiratory rate appears to be ~50, and counting the actual breaths.

I see that your obstructive respiratory events tend to form clusters, which is sometimes a sign of a positional effect. It might be worth video recording yourself when asleep, to see if there's any correlation between your position and/or body movements and your breathing.

To be honest, an AHI of ~2, while perhaps not ideal, doesn't seem to be sufficient to make you "feel like sh*t". Of course, people have different levels of tolerance for this kind of thing. Perhaps there are other things that disturb your sleep? Stress is a common cause, which probably won't be fixed by CPAP.

BW, DS
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New here....Need some help with Oscar data <3
Hey!

I was hoping one of the OG Apneaboard masters would chime in on your results, but it just hasn't been the case.

To me, it looks like you have some positional, chin tucking apnea at the end of the night. These guys recommend a Soft cervical collar to stop you from tucking your chin at night which would cause a lot of those cluters of obstructions you have. You can learn more here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar

As well, the high respiratory rate is something i've been dealing with lately as well. You might not actually be breathing that fast and it's just some kind of wonky thing that's picking up your heart rate, or a weird way the machine is picking up your respiration. We need to see like a really zoomed in version, but not all of the way of your flow rate. I'll post an example of what we're looking for below. I believe your respirations are gonna look a lot like this:

https://i.imgur.com/121vJhq.png
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Adjusting Settings based on Oscar data rygonzo93 4 78 10 hours ago
Last Post: gainerfull
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 24 1,287 Yesterday, 10:17 AM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  [CPAP] Help with OSCAR data to help improve sleep Akaharu 7 255 Yesterday, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Akaharu
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 184 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 112 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help - OSCAR Data Flspearfisher 2 387 04-11-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Flspearfisher
  Oscar Data Interpretation UPDATED Johand77 1 112 04-10-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.