Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New here....Need some help with Oscar data <3
New here....Need some help with Oscar data <3
Wow am I ever glad to be here. Been on this journey a long time, and what would you know I am JUST now discovering the miracle of the SD card and Oscar.  I've attached some data. What I'm gathering from this data is that my obstructive sleep apnea seems to pale in comparison to my centrals, which explains why I feel like absolute sh*t all day, despite wearing the damn thing. Wondering if Centrals are treatment emergent, seeing as Cpap seemed to work alright the first few months I was using it (which is years ago now).

I've had a tonsillectomy, and UPPP, neither of which affected my AHI (soul crushing after that nightmare of a recovery).
My ahi via home sleep study ranges between 18-26, tho now that I see this data I'm wondering how much of that is even obstructive?
Currently on wait list to get surgically assisted Maxillery expansion followed by myofunctonal therapy. Went to the Breathe institute in LA and they found that I have an extremely small/narrow palate. ANY help looking into this data would be so appreciated. 
This is my first post, and although I haven't talked to one of you yet, I already consider you a bunch of angels.
Not all heros wear capes Cool

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New here....Need some help with Oscar data <3
Hi! Welcome!

I think there other people here who are biggers experts who will gladly help you out. What I can see though from my limited knowledge is that your flow limits are slightly high, and that could be contributing to things. Most people here recommend setting that EPR to 3 to help smooth those out. 

As well, I see your respiratory rate is getting pretty high later in the night/early morning. Can you post your graph with the respiratory rate and flow limits showing, first all the way zoomed out, and then zoomed into the flow rate where you're having most of those apneas right along the end there. I've attached a picture from where I mean in your first picture. 

[Image: 5hGtl2x.png] <Zoom in on the flow rate here. Not all the way, but to a duration of like 2 minutes.

You're also getting some leaks which could be contributing to things. Your CAs from afar don't look too concerning, really they could just be arousals, you just moving in bed and holding your breath when you do it. We'd have to zoom in on them to be sure though. But there's not a ton of them or anything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much for your help! Hope I did it right :/

zoomed in a little more here too :

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome. We do want to see a strip only 5 minutes long on 27th, between 7:40 and 7:45, because this will show what the wave form is like when you have high respiration rate.

Thanks.

QAL.
Post Reply Post Reply
here we go

a few more

Post Reply Post Reply
So far I cannot see a reason for such high respiration rate, but you should at least mention it to your trusted care provider.  I would be looking into whether your breathing is more chest breathing than abdominal.  Not sure if you have other medical conditions, or dealing with pain management.

Wishing you the best.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow- interesting. Can you explain more about that? So the data is showing some kind of abnormality with the type of breathing?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah 40 to 50 breaths per minute suggests something way outside the norm. A 2 minute wide screen shot will show each inhale and exhale. There are quite a few posts and threads in this forum that talk about how to present your data, allowing us to see the pressure, the flow, and things like tidal volume, that will help see the relationships between these. And the summary at the left cited in most cases shows other important characteristics that 10 provide more insight into how your sleeping is going. I wish I had some of those reference posts to share with you but I am I got work and cannot find them easily. Perhaps I can get a couple of those to you by private message later.
Post Reply Post Reply
I appreciate the insight.
To be honest, I think it's connected to anxiety. My centrals/panicked breathing goes way up related to stress - when I practice meditation etc it goes down. theres a huge correlation.
Otherwise I'm a healthy 35 year old female as far as I know....but now you've got me worried LOL
Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
So, sleeping respiration rate is high because of stress? I wonder if that is true in some part due to awake stress. Anyway, no one can tell you to be calm, when they haven't suffered from anxiety, so I won't. But, your meditation sounds like a great addition.

Chart organization link - http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 51 8 hours ago
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 107 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 66 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 404 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 144 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 148 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 174 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.