Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New here and can anyone help interpret SH data
New here and can anyone help interpret SH data
So I have a Phillips Dreamstation Auto. The first few nights it started me at 4 but I quickly changed the min pressure to 8 and now the optistart changes it to about 11 since my 90% rate is anywhere from 16-18. I'm using a nasal wisp but it has to be tight or else I feel like it will leak but the bridge of my nose is kind of big so the mask makes my nose hurt in the morning and leaves a big red mark on it. So I told my DME I Want to try the dreamwear pillows

Anyways I am uploading my last 2 nights from sleepyhead and was wondering if anyone can tell me how my numbers look. My AHI went from 4 to 1 and originally my first night was like 7 so I am hoping to keep improving but I want to know how my leak numbers look and everything else, Thanks in advance

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New here and can anyone help interpret SH data
I'd try a $10 foam cervical collar first and leave the min pressure where it is for now. To see if you are chin tucking and blocking your airway, it may lower the pressure. As you know, the machine is keeping your AHI low and you may need the high pressure. Everything else on the charts looks okay to me for now. The dreamstation measure leaks differently and I think your leak rate is fine.

See if increasing the flex helps comfort. The other option is to see your doctor and swap to a bpap if you are on insurance. A 90% of 16-18 or the 95% of 18 on the chart should qualify. It has a bigger difference between inhale and exhale pressures and may be more comfortable.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply

wow woke up today and the bridge of my nose is so red, like theres a small gash there too I'm going to try to switch to the pillows

my only other concern was vibratory snore and my obstructive events, do you know how many events are considered normal, if any at all?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Tjq86,

Hopefully the pillows work for you.  I use a nasal mask and don't have a problem so that makes me fortunate. 

The first I would suggest is that you go into Sleepyhead and turn off the VS2 in your events.  Go to file>preference>events and uncheck VS2.  Your machine will not respond to those events and, in my case, it doesn't record snores.  I get about 20 VS2 events per night and I don't snore.  (According to my snoring monitor also known as my wife.)  I get no VS events which do record actual snoring events.  The reason I suggest you turn off VS2 events is that is only lights up your chart like a Christmas tree and most of us who use a DreamStation just ignore VS2. 

You do seem to have some positional issues going on but your machine is spending a lot of time at the high end of pressure.  If those were my charts, I would increase minimum pressure from 8.5 to 11 or 12 to start and see what happens.  You do have snoring and flow limitations going on and higher pressure is the way to deal with those events.  You could also try reducing Flex from 3 to 2 and that could help with your flow limitations.  It did in my case.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 184 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  Help interpret OSCAR for best pressure settings 444zane3 3 401 01-11-2024, 01:08 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Frequent wakeups with mild OSA -- help me interpret OSCAR? mcrick 6 699 12-24-2023, 09:48 AM
Last Post: mcrick
Question Newbie here - Could you help me interpret data please? Unkikonki 7 536 12-03-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help me interpret my second Sleep Study results YouTakeMyBreathAway 194 11,869 10-04-2023, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  New APAP user need help interpret chart farmdog 5 568 09-02-2023, 08:57 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Can you help me interpret this cluster of events? TiredTom111 1 444 08-12-2023, 09:00 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.