Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New here and need help
New here and need help
Hello, I've been using a cpap for 12 years now and have never had to bother with therapy compliance. I'm a truck driver now and my company requires me to send in reports. I have a ResMed Elite 2 with an SD card slot on the back. Question is can I purchase just any old SD card or does it have to be ordered thru ResMed?
Also, any suggestions for me to get the reports off the data card? I don't have a PC on my truck or at home but do have a Mac at home. Trying to figure out a way to avoid having to mail my card in.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New here and need help
Buy a 2GB SD card. Does not have to be a ResMed card.
You can use Sleepyhead software on a MAC computer.

Does your company require the reports come from a doctor?

There are some long haul drivers on the forum; and they have to show compliance for DOT.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info. No they don't require the report to come from a Dr. I was looking at the Sleepyhead software but it says ResMed S9. I believe mine is S8. Will it still work?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-05-2015, 01:38 PM)Mnikoley Wrote: Thanks for the info. No they don't require the report to come from a Dr. I was looking at the Sleepyhead software but it says ResMed S9. I believe mine is S8. Will it still work?

S8 is a problem. It uses a special data card; and a special reader.
I have both. I found it difficult to get the card to read the data from the machine. To get the special reader, I had to order it from Israel. Only ResScan can supply the driver for the reader; and that's Windows only.

For that very reason, I upgraded to an S9 to get a fully data capable machine that uses an SD card.

The only good news is that your S8 holds 365 days of compliance data.
I think that can be read out on screen.

I suggest you request the clinician's manual for your machine -- go to private files and links and request as per instructions.

Perhaps your company will accept seeing the machines compliance report on the machine's screen.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe I'm mistaken about it being an S8. It definitely has an SD sized slot on the back. Not the larger credit card style.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Mnikoley,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more suggestions and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Regarding the 2GB SD RAMCARDS: You are going to find them hard to obtain at retail. I know that I did here when I needed some for my Tom Tom GPS which only takes 2GB cards. I got on eBay and found them relatively cheap. Bought 5 reconditioned ones and 5 brand new ones - they were about the same price. And the good news is that it has been a year and they all work just fine. I use them in my Nikon camera all the time. I also purchased several 8GB, 32GB and 64GB cards and use them in my NIKON as well so that if a card bites the dust at an important photo shoot I don't lose everything. My Lenovo laptop has the SD RAMCARD slot built in; so I generally tend to dump the cards onto the laptop for backup. I am babbling here... what I wanted to say simply is look for the 2GB cards immediately as they are no longer being made except for OEM. And also that I dump my 8GB card into my S9 Auto and it works just fine. I would print out compliance data regularly and put it into a three ring binder (KEEP IT FOREVER) in case you should ever run into issues with anyone about compliance.
Murray
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Educate, Advocate, Contemplate.
Herein lies personal opinion, no professional advice, which ALL are well advised to seek.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-05-2015, 02:15 PM)Mnikoley Wrote: Maybe I'm mistaken about it being an S8. It definitely has an SD sized slot on the back. Not the larger credit card style.

The S8 has a bastardized smartcard. It's basically a normal credit card style smartcard that's been cut down to be thinner. Both the card and card reader are non-standard.

Does it look sort of like this? Yours might or might not have a humidifier on the front.

[Image: 3014-3911.jpg]

The S8 card readers are hard to find these days.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes that's the one I have. I found a local company that has the cards. Only $5.00!
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.