Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New here, help with sleepyhead data
RE: New here, help with sleepyhead data
[Image: YBPB4lnl.png][Image: 57qyb7tl.png][Image: P5KIMMdl.png][Image: jbvAzNUl.png][Image: BxwE8yll.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: O9ARn4bl.png]S[Image: YLeYwZUl.png][Image: h8oLt2pl.png][Image: 2NFH12Hl.png][Image: BrO9Sdhl.png][Image: 148n3dvl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-14-2017, 10:06 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Hi Mark, finally we have an image!  Things looks pretty decent here,  You have some OA that are preceded by a snore and flow limit, so I would take the minimum pressure to 7.0 to avoid some of that.  I think the CA will take care of itself in time, and I question this is even CA, so no need to make changes now for that.   Overall this looks pretty good in spite of the marginally high AHI.  

The Dreamwear mask looks like it is working okay for you, but consider trying the Airfit P10 in the future.  There are complete masks with 3 sizes of cushion on Amazon for $65.  It sure looks like you do well on nasal therapy, and the P10 stays in place pretty well.  The period of higher leak looks like it could be a mouth leak rather than a mask leak.  You might right click the left margin of the leak graph and manually set the Y axis to 0-80 so we have better resolution, and I think you should do the same to the Flow Rate graph.  That will make the trace appear taller.

Sleeprider,  Thanks for the input!  I have adjusted the min pressure to 7 and the EPR to 1, and it actually felt a little more comfortable and seemed like the mask had less tendency to leak with more pressure.  I will check out the P10 as well.  As to the mouth leak, I have been wearing a chin strap and a piece of 1" tape on the lips, so I don't think I am leaking there.  I have adjusted the y-axis of the graphs for better resolution as well.  Thanks again for any help with this, it has been a very long 5 months trying to adjust, but feeling worse than ever, so any help/advice is much appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am certain your new minimum pressure of 7 will feel a lot better, and avoid the numerous pressure fluctuations you have been experiencing.  Some variation is good, but the jagged pressure line you have is not doing your sleep any favors.  When everything is working properly, the pressure will gradually rise and fall within a 3-4 cm range, rather than the 8-10 cm range your charts are showing.  Let me know if you want a graphic example.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
After doing pretty good for a week or so, (AHI below 3 or so) and feeling a bit better, I had a night last night with alot of events.  Ca's and Oa's both.  I felt pretty good on waking but not sure if it was because I was finally able to sleep more than 4 hrs.  I know I had alot of leaks but I cant seem to tolerate any mask other than the dreamwear.  Also, I thought I had the leaks under control with chinstraps and tape, until last night.  I will post image of sleepyhead data and hope someone can give me some insight on what may be happening.
Thank you all
Mark
[Image: aHS0nSxt.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
I would not take one night and toss out the good results you've been having. Sleeping longer, and feeling better is a good thing. Push through this and chances are, you will return to normal. I will note that compared to earlier results your snore and flow limits are not a problem here, so this could just be an anomaly.

If your events have been mostly obstructive leading up to this, adding a cm of pressure may be warranted. A pressure of 8, is still below your median and well below the maximum you're seeing. If you make a change, make it based on your total experience, not this one night.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your reply Sleeprider. I will hold off on any adjustments and see what happens in the days to come.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here I am, one month after my first post here, and I feel like I'm on my way to a different person.  I remember feeling overwhelmed, frustrated and an emotional wreck when I first posted.  Today is a different story!!  I have a ways to go yet to get more than 4 hours without waking up, but I already feel much better!!  I want to thank everyone here who has replied to my posts, but I want to thank Sleeprider individually.  Sleeprider- THANK YOU!!!!!  Thank you for taking the time to help me and SO many others I see you help every day!  You have personally made a difference in my life when no one else could !  I cant thank you enough!
Check out these AWESOME results of my last 3 nights. (The 3 or so before them are almost as good!)  I think we have a trend here!
[Image: 4QWtIZvl.png]
[Image: YizrLqtl.png]
[Image: YJwMrDMl.png]
I kinda want to add a little to my min pressure for comfort, but I am scared to mess with anything after getting these good results.  Also not sure if I should add a little to the top end too since my 90% number is so close to 12 now, but again, I dont want to mess with success.
Thanks again Apnea board, especially Sleeprider!
Mark
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow, thanks Mark! Appreciate the feedback, and good to see you're doing so well. Now to build up a few more hours of sleep time... Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats Mark!  I would follow Sleeprider's advice and stick with your current settings for a while yet before changing anything, if at all.  They seem to be working well for you!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 801 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Dreamstation CPAP vs Aircurve BiPap data? Data over time for Insp/Exp? Desiree 12 2,283 05-20-2020, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  SpO2 vs CPAP data in Sleepyhead Albercook 8 2,390 09-13-2018, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Albercook
  Transferring to new Hard Drive - Sleepyhead data files Mosquitobait 3 1,624 05-27-2018, 09:00 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  Two months of SleepyHead Data FirstNoele 4 1,563 05-16-2018, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.