Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New here, help with sleepyhead data
RE: New here, help with sleepyhead data
Mark, great job! The longer sleep will come and you should continue to see an improvement on how you feel during the day. We all respond differently and for those lucky ones it happens right away. For others it takes more time but it is always worth it in the end. Couldn't agree more about Sleepriders help along with all the wonderful folks on this board. They have changed my life as well. I'm actually at the point where I can't sleep unless I have my APAP on. People still say "how can you sleep with all that stuff on and air blowing up your nose". I just smile
Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a screenshot of last night.  What do you make of the breathing pattern for this half hour ?

[Image: zqsTlXAl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
If that is an infrequent occurrence, I would not worry too much about it. It is a periodic breathing pattern with centrals and this is a problem for individuals with heart problems, but as an isolated event, it is not very meaningful, and could be sleep disruption or even an active REM sleep. Note there is a high leak rate throughout, so this could easily be mouth breathing. No way to really know.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The periodic breathing usually happens at least a little each night, but this was 30 min of it. I am wondering, does this indicate that I should get my heart checked? I use 2" tape on lips so not much of a chance of mouth breathing, I think. The leak rate is still below the accepted rate of 38 for my mask at that pressure. Am I not understanding that acceptable leak rate correctly?
Post Reply Post Reply
Mark, your machine and that graph measure the excess leak. If it was perfect, it would stay near zero. Perfection eludes me as well, but during that series of events you are just barely below the large leak threshold.

If you had the kind of heart problems (congestive heart failure) that leads to Cheyne-Stokes respiration, you would not have to ask. People with those kind of heart conditions cannot walk to the end of the driveway without stopping for recovery. Your annual health exam would uncover most problems of major concern, so I doubt that you have anything to worry about here. What is your 30 day average AHI, and what is the CA and H component of that?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, I hear ya on the leak.

I can make it to the end of the driveway, but I do notice shortness of breath, as well as other symptoms, which is why I ask.
Being self employed and without insurance for the last 26 years means I dont have the luxury of an annual exam.(ever)
As I type this, I can answer my own question of what to do. (get checked)

30 day Ahi- 2.42
CA- .85
H - .15

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Your long-term stats are good with a little over 50% obstructive. That's normal, and doesn't point to a chronic periodic breathing, or severe CA issues. I won't argue that a routine check up might not be a good idea. Take the opportunity to establish a relationship with a doctor you trust, and discuss any issues you are concerned about. It is not a bad idea to take in copies of CPAP prescriptions, sleep studies an a summary of your usage, and see if he can help you keep prescriptions current as needed and avoid new sleep studies. That is how I use my own primary care doc. Even without insurance, having the established relationship can be a good investment that saves over the long-term.

Keep in mind, even the lowest price, high deductible insurance comes with negotiated rates that are far lower than an individual payer. Also, you can negotiate more favorable price terms ahead of any appointment by stating you are a cash customer and expect an appropriate discount from book rates. Insist on prices for physician services up front, and shop. The system is no friendly to this, but it can be done...you just don't go where they can't tell you your rates up-front.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,689 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 924 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 816 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Dreamstation CPAP vs Aircurve BiPap data? Data over time for Insp/Exp? Desiree 12 2,335 05-20-2020, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  SpO2 vs CPAP data in Sleepyhead Albercook 8 2,409 09-13-2018, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Albercook
  Transferring to new Hard Drive - Sleepyhead data files Mosquitobait 3 1,648 05-27-2018, 09:00 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  Two months of SleepyHead Data FirstNoele 4 1,585 05-16-2018, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.