Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New here, leaks, snoring with CPAP on
Ohmy 
New here, leaks, snoring with CPAP on
Hi folks. I just found/joined the forum. I've had CPAP since 2012. That entire time I have used a Fisher & Paykel ICON Premo. I just had a checkup at the sleep center within the past month, and they left all settings the same. My wife has started complaining again that I am snoring at night even with my CPAP mask on. My pressure setting started out at 6, and then after 7 months was increased to 7. It stayed there for 7 months and then was increased to 8. After 8 months at 8, it was increased to 9 and has been there for about 20 months. Somewhere in those 20 weeks, though, the doctor turned off SenseAwake but otherwise the only changes I've had is trying different masks.

I have problems with leaks. No matter what mask I have tried, I have had problems with it blowing air in my eyes. When wearing a full face mask (most of the time), I also have trouble with it leaking around the bottom of the mask.

My SleepyHead overview statistics are attached.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New here, leaks, snoring with CPAP on
For what it's worth, according to my sleep doc, snoring is treated by raising the pressure gradually until you don't snore. I am sure there is more to it, and other things to consider. You might want to make an appt to see your sleep doc again.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome! Overall, your numbers look really good. I agree that an increase in pressure is worth trying, if only to keep your wife happy. Big Grin

If you can figure out which mask you are using, someone might have some better suggestions on dealing with the leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ravenbrk,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your questions, much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
It's great that you have joined us here.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I usually use a ResMed Mirage Quattro but be both get tired of the air coming out of the "blow hole" on the forehead and so I switch back to my ResMed Quattro Air. Both have the problem of blowing air into my eyes. The Quattro Air is better about the chin leaks and avoids me pointing a perpetual spout of air towards my wife when I roll over on my side.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 1 30 2 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 121 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 8 131 03-14-2024, 01:15 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,373 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 85 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 4 192 03-09-2024, 06:58 AM
Last Post: Frankiboy
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,549 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.