Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New here - suggestions for new machine?
RE: New here - suggestions for new machine?
(04-24-2013, 10:06 AM)imfletch Wrote: Howdy Vertigo,
The most important thing is that you get a data-capable machine.
Many DMEs attempt to push off units that only record compliance data. Some call these "bricks" because they give you no usable data. Obviously, they make more money off of these, but those that record additional data give you so much more to work with.
ResMed and Respironics are the two big players here.
With ResMed - avoid anything that has the word "Escape" in the name.
If you can get your DME to give you a ResMed S9 AutoSet, you'll be set!
Some DMEs use Fisher & Paykal. The ICON is not a bad unit, it keeps a good deal of data...but only in its own format and it can be trickey to work with.
Once you have the machine you will want to download Sleepyhead software. Send a PM and I can give you the URL for the download.
That software will allow you to track your progress and give you data that will encourage you to stick with your therapy.
Good luck and welcome to the world of the HoseHeads
-jim

Just a note on the F&P ICON. I know just about everyone here has ResMed but my doc prescribed the ICON (Auto+) and so far it's working great for me. Plus SleepyHead 0.9.3 reads the ICON data so that drawback has been removed.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,933 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 253 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Help - Initial Titration Suggestions gli890 2 305 02-17-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Dreamstation 2 feels like it isn't treating my apnea (any suggestions)? Sunday3 4 288 02-05-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Decent - but we all deserve better than that! Suggestions please. CPAPveteran 9 586 12-28-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Chin Strap Suggestions Jose Castro 9 819 12-17-2023, 08:09 PM
Last Post: eok361
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,193 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.