Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New here with questions
Wink 
New here with questions
Ive been on a dreamstation auto-bipap since June 19, 2018 and 100% use, my numbers are still all over the place. Ive had a grand total of perhaps 7 days in the single digits AHI and my average peak goes into the mid teens AHI. Ive never had stable numbers ever. Is this the usual pattern prior to upgrading to ASV? I cant tell if I'm coming or going and I keep getting back to being exhausted over and over. Last round I spoke to my Dr. about it and he had changed my numbers to 6-22 CmH20 and PS of 4, and its still fluctuating. I do have more days below 10, but invariably it goes right back up to 14-16 AHI.

I have an appointment Saturday and would like to know your opinions. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New here with questions
Welcome, Friend in Suffering.  We can't help you without some hard numbers.  A freeware that can help is called sleepyhead.  You can get it at sourceforge.  Please download it and get some data from your SD card on your machine.  Post examples of nights' data and we'll help as we can.  But we gotta see some numbers.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-09-2018, 11:44 AM)mesenteria Wrote: Welcome, Friend in Suffering.  We can't help you without some hard numbers.  A freeware that can help is called sleepyhead.  You can get it at sourceforge.  Please download it and get some data from your SD card on your machine.  Post examples of nights' data and we'll help as we can.  But we gotta see some numbers.

Got it already, will be uploading tonight. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
I like was already mentioned posting a sleepyhead chart will let us know whats happening. There are links below to download and also how to arrange charts and post them. many things can cause the AHI to rise and fall. Sleep position is a common problem. ASV is used to treat those who also have central apnea. If your getting a lot of clear airway events than it is possible you may end up needing an ASV but I wouldn't jump to that conclusion right away.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-09-2018, 11:53 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: I like was already mentioned posting a sleepyhead chart will let us know whats happening. There are links below to download and also how to arrange charts and post them. many things can cause the AHI to rise and fall. Sleep position is a common problem. ASV is used to treat those who also have central apnea. If your getting a lot of clear airway events than it is possible you may end up needing an ASV but I wouldn't jump to that conclusion right away.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 147 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 267 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 258 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 307 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 464 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  My treatment fun. Questions. robbob2112 15 1,593 10-26-2023, 10:19 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie questions - What am I seeing? lmftit 0 358 09-04-2023, 04:44 PM
Last Post: lmftit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.