Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New here with questions
RE: New here with questions
(04-28-2015, 12:47 AM)thefer Wrote: hi

I went in today and they bumped me up to 10. Not sure what the temperature is set at It goes by numbers 1-5. The higher the number, the higher the humidty.. I am at a 3. I will add an extra pillow tonight to see if that helps. They also suggested that I try a chin strap because I may be opening my mouth during the night. The therapist said that it does sound like I am having problems during the deep sleep period so hopefully with the increase pressure, it will stop the problems.

Glad they bumped your pressure up. Be careful adding additional pillows because if it pushes your head downward, that can close or partially close your airway. better to put a board under your headboard or if you don't have a head board, put a board under the feet of your bed frame.

let us know how the pressure change and the humidity change is working.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi

Did the first night and woke up with an AHI of .4. Did not wake up until 6 am on my own. Sleep the whole night. Had some leakage and I do remember opening my mouth sometime during the night. No hypo events. Not even 1. Only 1 OA event. Just need to figure out the strap. Not sure if I should put it on under or over the mask.

Jennifer
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-28-2015, 12:24 PM)thefer Wrote: Hi

Did the first night and woke up with an AHI of .4. Did not wake up until 6 am on my own. Sleep the whole night. Had some leakage and I do remember opening my mouth sometime during the night. No hypo events. Not even 1. Only 1 OA event. Just need to figure out the strap. Not sure if I should put it on under or over the mask.

Jennifer

Banana Banana Banana

that is great! under or over that is the question—
Whether 'tis Nobler above or underneath Bigwink

comes down to preference. Congrats on getting a good nights sleep

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Good job Jennifer, you do us proud.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Jennifer, I'm also a migraine sufferer, and my neurologist had some interesting info for me about being more sensitive to pain and also anxiety. I'm glad the increased pressure is working for you. I know that when mine was too low, I had major mask anxiety and would wake up feeling like I was suffocating. I attributed this to my migraine "personality"
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi

Quick update. Going on 5 nights with the increased pressure. The AHI numbers have all stayed below 1.0 except for 1 night it went up to 1.24. I have gone without the chin strap and have not noticed a change in my numbers. I am getting very few hypo's and sleeping through the whole night. The first couple days of the increased pressure triggered some slight migraines and pressure in the face but that seemed to settle down by the 3rd day. I have been getting an increase in nose bleeds on one side in the morning, so I increased the humdifier up to 4 since I live in AZ (we hit our first 100 degree day today).

I have been able to decrease my topamax from 75 mg to 50 mg for the last 3 weeks with no migraines. I just went down to 25 mg two days ago. Hopefully, this sleep apnea was the answer to my migraines.

Jennifer
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the update Jennifer. You're doing great!

Can't think of a thing I'd have you modify right now. Just continue doing what you're doing for awhile and see how you come out.

Good job!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 145 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 267 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 258 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 306 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 463 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  My treatment fun. Questions. robbob2112 15 1,593 10-26-2023, 10:19 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie questions - What am I seeing? lmftit 0 358 09-04-2023, 04:44 PM
Last Post: lmftit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.