Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New in this forum. [Snowy2020] Need help to understand the graphs and adjust therapy
RE: New in this forum. [Snowy2020] Need help to understand the graphs and adjust therapy
Clearly that is a huge difference. I see a brief positional issue at 01:00, but nothing like we saw with previous charts. Your 95% pressure was 13.2/10.2 vs the 15/15 of your previous machine and your results are ten times better! This looks excellent, with very little pressure variation, good capture of events and good comfort. No changes are needed. We have seen variable results with the cervical collar in the past, so keep in mind, we can't prevent those events if your chin tucks.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New in this forum. [Snowy2020] Need help to understand the graphs and adjust therapy
that's great...I will experiment more with the cervical collar now that I have a good baseline. I think the previous one I tried was too high.

I'm so glad you recommended this machine....thanks!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

with 2 years left on my Philips responics, do I return it to my equipment supplier and tell them I have my own resmed machine, and ask them to keep supplying tubing and masks, or will they have a problem with that........I mean what to people do in that situation , which must be common, given the help that the forum gives people.
Post Reply Post Reply
Most people simply keep the machine as a backup and continue to get supplies. If your DME provides compliance reports for your doctor, you can do that yourself. Mine just asks if I am using the machine when refilling supplies. Documenting your machine use should not be an issue until you are due for another machine, and you just tell them what happened and make sure they dispense the right one next time.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,
thanks for your help, as always. I am sleeping much better with the new machine. I used  cervical collar last night and my CA events went up. Is there an adjustment I can make? I was wondering, should I start playing with the EPR level and reduce it to 2, or even 1? Your comments would be appreciated. Graphs attached.

Post Reply Post Reply
The CA events appear to be arousals. Please post a standard view graph with flow limitations and we might see something there. Normally setting changes are not appropriate for a one-night increase in CA events, but I think we can actually drop your minimum pressure by 1 to 10.0 based on practically no variation in pressure through the night.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

graph attached as requested. Should I also lower the EPR level from 3 to 2?

Post Reply Post Reply
If you think that will be more comfortable, then EPR at 2 is fine. We may bring it back later, but no problem.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi again,

A disappointing night  even though no leaks and wore a cervical collar. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Post Reply Post Reply
Can you give us a close up of 2-3 minutes at about 1:15. I'd like to figure out why the flow rate varies so widely, and suspect flow limitation is way under reported.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,059 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 153 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 251 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,262 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,336 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 955 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 26 808 03-22-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.