Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New in this forum. [Snowy2020] Need help to understand the graphs and adjust therapy
RE: New in this forum. [Snowy2020] Need help to understand the graphs and adjust therapy
Hi,

do you mean 23:15 or 1:15

here are both

[attachment=27101]
[attachment=27102]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New in this forum. [Snowy2020] Need help to understand the graphs and adjust therapy
Hi,

do you mean 23:15 or 1:15

here are both

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=27101]   
[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=27102]   
Post Reply Post Reply
The specific graph we need is the Flow Rate. Sorry, but the above does not help.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,
screen shots as requested for 23:15   and 1:15

Post Reply Post Reply
During this period, you are not recording leaks, however you are exhaling orally and inhaling nasally. This is resulting win widely varying flow rates. The expiration is a very quick spike downward as the remaining expiration exits your mouth. Inspiration is partially oral. Your leak rate was elevated, variable and probably reported lower than actual. Note that both the inspiration and expiration shows uncharacteristically low flow rate and mask pressure does not fully develop.  I don't know why the leak rate is not detected higher, but there would be considerable noise and leaks here, and possibly snoring detected. You can see you are alternately breathing correctly and then exhaling around the mask. This explains the flow rate that looks like a "hair-brush" with spiky inspiration and expiration.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=27104]

In this screenshot, your are in positional apnea, with OA events and flow limited (flat-top) breathing showing during the recovery breaths.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=27105]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

How can this be?...I'm a mouth taper.

Anyway, what adjustments should I make?

thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
The read is simple, this should be a closed loop system, the same amount of air inhaled should also be exhaled, it isn't.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK I understand....any recommendations?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

have been chugging along for the last week or so with RDI numbers from 3 to 5. However lots of CA's last night....see graphs. How to reduce them?...I was wearing a cervical collar, do you think the reason was that I may have been supine?  I have no evidence as I was not awake. Should I try the tennis ball thing? Your comment would be appreciated.

Post Reply Post Reply
Those centrals occured because your breathing volume went up before they occured. Evidence of that is your tidal volume. This results in an increased flushing of CO2 to below your apneic threshold which initiates the periodic breathing and Central cluster you observed.

I'm guessing maybe a dream caused this deep breathing. Zoomed views of before this cluster started and the beginning of the event with the tidal volume might reveal more info.

Out of an abundance of caution and for the purpose of elimination I must ask if you have any heart condition, especially CHF, or other breathing conditions. This is too brief to be overly concerning. If it persists and expands other actions may be called for 6
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,067 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 160 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,355 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 959 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 26 811 03-22-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.