Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New in this forum. [Snowy2020] Need help to understand the graphs and adjust therapy
RE: New in this forum. [Snowy2020] Need help to understand the graphs and adjust therapy
Hi, 

as far as I know I don't have CHF but I do have a small bullae on my lung, which is congenital, and has made me, lifelong, a little short of breath, but never enough to prevent any physical activities. I bike, play tennis and pickleball. 

As you can see from the averages for the week, month and year, the index is much lower than last night.

Here is the "before" graph.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New in this forum. [Snowy2020] Need help to understand the graphs and adjust therapy
Hi, 
I have been using my new resmed airsense 10 for a few weeks now, with mixed success. It would be nice if someone could look at these graphs and make some fine tuning recommendations, which would be much appreciated.

btw; is there anywhere on the forum that explains each graph in detail, and what a good one should look like.

thanks as always

Post Reply Post Reply
See the cluster of OA events on 10/20? That is most likely chin tucking. The only fix is to remove the chin tuck, no amount of pressure will fix this. This fix may be as simple as going from 2 pillows to one pillow or, more commonly, a soft cervical collar, see the link in my signature.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2020, 09:24 AM)Snowy2020 Wrote: btw; is there anywhere on the forum that explains each graph in detail, and what a good one should look like.
Not really.

Look at the flow rate that is part of the OSCAR logo.  That is a 'perfect' flow rate. I have never seen one that is that perfect.  Of all the charts, for a deep understanding, the Flow Rate is the most important. It represents all that is happening. Flow and Pressure are all that is actually measured and all other charts and data produced is ultimately derived from these two bits of information. PAP machines respond with pressure, so the pressure chart is also important.

Look at the wiki article http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ng_therapy
It was put together by the best people here and addresses a number of the more common issues.

with a misleading title as it is not a beginners guide, it is a deep dive, the wiki article http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

You also want to learn all that you can about algorithms.  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...Algorithms
These are what is used to alter pressure to impact your therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks for reply...I'm already on one pillow, so I guess it's back to the cervical collar
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks again, will look at these articles
Post Reply Post Reply

Hi,

I used the cervical collar last night, and no clusters of obstructive, but now a cluster of CA's.

Any recommendations?
Post Reply Post Reply
A characteristic of central Apneas is that they are consistently inconsistent. Let's wait a day or 2 and see what they do.
Please adjust your graphs To show the standard charts events, flow rate, pressure, flow limits (ResMed only), leak rate, snores.
The easy way is to in OSCAR to click View / Reset Graphs / Standard

If / when we need other charts we will ask for them.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi again,

used a cervical collar again and had what I think was a pretty good result. Based on previous posts, should I try to get down to an epap of 1 or none to reduce clear airway events?

thanks you as always for your comments

Post Reply Post Reply
This last chart shows EPR at 3 and is not so bad. The AHI is a little on the high side with a cluster of OA leading into some CA events later in the night, leaks are simply excellent, but the mask leaks during the period with events suggest movement. This may have been positional with some movement and sleep disruption. I don't make any conclusions on the basis of a single night, but if this is typical, then considering a change may be valid. The 95% flow limit is a very good 0.05. I would back down EPR more slowly to 2 and see what results you get there. It may reduce CA and increase FL slightly. The real measure of success is how it makes you feel.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lanners - Therapy Help Lanners 23 967 3 hours ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 840 8 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 177 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 256 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,271 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,367 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.