Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New machine
RE: New machine
I tried EPR at setting one last night for the first time and like Gideon said I now have2 lines on the graph , I also tried the myAir app for the last 2 nights it showed 99% the first night and 100% last night . 

This is the last 2 nights Oscar reports , just wondering if you can tell if the EPR was a advantage or not or is it to early to say . 
I notice  the pressure and leak rate are different is one much better than the other , should I keep EPR on or turn it off , I really have no idea .

Post Reply Post Reply
All the other stats like good so it's down to how you feel. Leak rate and events are reasonable, flow limits too. It's your preference really.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
G'Day All 

Just thought I would post the last 2 nights results with EPR turned off , still using the N20 mask they look pretty good to me , if Im reading the Oscar report right my Max pressure didn't quite make it to 11 in both am I seeing that correct , still having trouble interpreting the leak graph is it in a acceptable range , interested in any opinions 
thanks . 

I'm going to give the P30i mask another try , I just prefer the hose at the top of my head so I hope I can get good results with it , if not it will be back to the N20 
I also have a N30i nasal cushion , I got that because it fits the same head gear as the P30i will give that a go at some stage 
I might even try going back to a fixed pressure only because that's what I have been using for many years before buying the ResMed 

Edit sorry for being kinda stupid , if I look at the Stats in Oscar , I think I have answered my own questions regards pressure  Oh-jeez 

Post Reply Post Reply
I was just going to tell you that the N30i cushion is interchangeable with the P30i so you should give it a try. Also you should use the "pillows" setting for both P30i and N30i -- when they say "nasal" mask it's more the big round cushion that goes around the outside of your nose. It's about the amount of extra volume that the mask adds to the whole mouth/nose/windpipe/lungs system -- an FFM adds more than the nasal, and then the pillows add almost none. The people at my DME call the Dreamwear nasal and the N30i a "nasal bar" rather than nasal. The "nasal bar" is more equivalent to pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply
As for leak rate, both are good, with the one on the 18th being the better of these 2. If you had that type of leak rate, you'd be fine.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies , I will have to remember to set the machine to the right mask , I have made that mistake before my last machine didn't have a mask setting .
The Oscar pressure specs the 95% number did I spend 95% of the night at that pressure or up to that and below ? 
What do the minutes mean ? 
If I was to change back to a set pressure Im thinking I might bump it up to 10 , where I have always been on 9 on the other machine any opinions if that's good or not . 

Regards Jacko
Post Reply Post Reply
95% means values up to and including that number under the 95% column. If it were pressure of 12 for example, 95% was at or below 12.

As for static pressure, you certainly could try it and see the data and compare which felt better, more comfortable.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Dave I thought I read that somewhere about the pressure so it doesn't mean I was at that pressure of 95% of the time  

Here is last nights Oscar report with the P30i pillows , so last night I spent 95% of the time at or below a pressure of 9.34 and hit 10.64 maybe 5% of the time ? 
looks like I will be able to use the P30i with results just as good as the N20 mask , if I can keep getting results like last night . 

Post Reply Post Reply
Looks good to me. Your max leak was 12. That is a good improvement in my opinion. Maybe the P30i will leak the same or less. Good luck to you on this.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,831 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,879 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,349 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,800 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,293 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.