Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New machine 5 years later
New machine 5 years later
Well even I'm amazed. It's been 5 years of CPAP therapy. A few weeks back I found out I could get a new machine, so I figured what the heck and I did. I have a Phillips BiPAP machine and today I picked up the new machine. It's a Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto which they tell me is a BiPAP as well. They claim it's all set up for me, and it's ready to go. If memory serves Resmed had different settings than my Phillips, and this new one likely has other different settings. So my fellow machine users, what can you tell me and what should I know? I'm feeling my first day jitters coming back to haunt me!

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New machine 5 years later
(07-15-2019, 06:24 PM)Galactus Wrote: It's a Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto
Nice! I'm in the same boat. Five years and looking to get a new machine. If I do, it will be that one. Be sure to let us know how that goes.
It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you get there.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-15-2019, 06:37 PM)Bubba45 Wrote:
(07-15-2019, 06:24 PM)Galactus Wrote: It's a Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto
Nice! I'm in the same boat. Five years and looking to get a new machine. If I do, it will be that one. Be sure to let us know how that goes.

If you can get a new machine for free or with a low copay it's no brainer, don't even hesitate. It's smaller, lighter and quieter already that much I know.
Post Reply Post Reply
You win! I have used the PR BiPAP Auto 760P and the Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto is more comfortable by a mile. The main difference is the Resmed has a fixed pressure support with the pressure range, rather than a range of PS, but it is faster to respond to obstruction and the Easybreathe transitions from IPAP/EPAP/IPAP are much more comfortable than the BiFlex. You will like it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-15-2019, 07:07 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: You win!  I have used the PR BiPAP Auto 760P and the Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto is more comfortable by a mile.  The main difference is the Resmed has a fixed pressure support with the pressure range, rather than a range of PS, but it is faster to respond to obstruction and the Easybreathe transitions from IPAP/EPAP/IPAP are much more comfortable than the BiFlex.  You will like it.

Well I've always respected your opinion. So I hope you're right. Tonight I'm going to try it as they have it set and I guess in the next few days I'll look at what they set, and see what I can do to perhaps make it better. I know literally nothing about this unit, so maybe I should do some research lol.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would at least look at the settings. I'm sure everything bur EPAP Min, max pressure and PS are default. Verify Vauto mode, and might as well set Essentials to Plus for more sleep report details. In the About menu, check the run hours if you want to verify an new machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-15-2019, 07:49 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I would at least look at the settings.  I'm sure everything bur EPAP Min, max pressure and PS are default.  Verify Vauto mode, and might as well set Essentials to Plus for more sleep report details.  In the About menu, check the run hours if you want to verify an new machine.

You're probably right, I should at least look. Guess I have to figure out how to get to the menu now. They said the script was set like my old machine though so supposedly not wide open, and hopefully not just default. I guess trust but verify is prudent. A new machine with new hidden buttons... must see where it all is now. Jitters engaged!!
Post Reply Post Reply
It's super simple. Plug in and press the control knob and home button at the same time. Press control knob to select settings menu, and you're there. https://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsen...setup-info
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-15-2019, 08:52 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: It's super simple. Plug in and press the control knob and home button at the same time. Press control knob to select settings menu, and you're there. https://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsen...setup-info

Thanks! I had looked it up but thanks again for links. Now I have to go look at the machine. I shall report back.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-15-2019, 08:52 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: It's super simple. Plug in and press the control knob and home button at the same time. Press control knob to select settings menu, and you're there. https://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsen...setup-info

So my settings are;
Mode- VAUTO (I guess this is BiPAP auto)
Max IPAP- 20 (Consistent with my 760)
Min EPAP- 12 (Consistent with my 760)
PS- 4 (Consistent with my 760 though I thought it was called something else)
Ti Max- 2.0 (No clue what this is)
Ti Min 0.3 (No clue what this is)
Trigger- Medium (No clue what this is)
Cycle- Medium (No clue what this is)
Mask- Pillows (P10 so yes)
Ramp time- 30 (I set this to off as I hate ramp)
Humidity- 4 (I think this is higher on my 760)
Tube- Slimline (It seems like a slimline)
AB Filter- No (No clue what this is)
Essentials- On (No clue what this is)
Leak Alert- Off (I guess this is the mask leak alert)
Smart Start- Off (I think this is the breathe and it starts, or take off and it stops, not on yet but considering it)
Reminders- All off 
Run Hours- 0 (So it's new)
Looks like a bunch of new settings I should look up and familiarize myself with....
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 178 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,018 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Low AHI for years but tired and low SpO2 spikes down to 85%. Brain MRI abnormal MyronH 4 680 02-25-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Back at it after a few years HomerJ 7 543 02-18-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Confused After A Few Years Sleeper396 2 293 02-18-2024, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Sleeper396
  5 years and never looked at the stats, need advice StephenB 5 347 02-08-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.