Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New machine and SleepyHead
New machine and SleepyHead
I was able to swap my Respironics 460 for a 560 today. I have 2 months worth of data in SleepyHead from the 460, when they gave me the 560 they also gave me a new SD Card.

Will SleepyHead import only new data from the 560 and leave the old data alone? Should I back up what's in there now before trying to import data from the new card? Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New machine and SleepyHead
Not 100% sure of PR machines but when downloaded AirSense 10 data on the same profile user of the S9, carried on and left S9 data intact

Post Reply Post Reply
SH should continue adding the new data to the same user name. You will notice that the new serial number and model number will be displayed. . . that's about the only difference to expect.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ditto to all the above responses, and add: YES back up your sleepyhead data before you load the data from the new machine. Anytime it comes to making backups, if you have to ask, the answer is YES.

I have used two different Resmed (not Respironics) CPAP machines (with two different SD cards) and SH read the data into my existing user profile with no problem. When I look at the Statistics page that shows the history of all the settings, the different machine is listed right where it belongs in the chronological list of other changes.

I would not expect to have any problem reading in the new machine data, but it is prudent to simply make a backup of your sleephyhead data before you do it. It's cheap insurance, just make a copy of the top level folder with your sleepyhead data. Then go ahead load in the new machine data as you normally would, and you will probably never have to use the copy but it's there if the inconceivable should happen.

In reality, at two months into the therapy you could still probably likely maybe possibly recreate everything from the SD cards from scratch if something went wrong, but it's a good habit to just make a copy of your data any time you are about to do something different, like in this case add data from a new machine.

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
Perfect, thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
I imported this morning and it left the data from the 460 and added new data from the 560. Good!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Setting up new machine (or SD card) to include daa from trial machine registered in S Sheila 5 766 12-21-2021, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Sheila
  Can a machine provider remotely program your cpap machine? calcuttaman 20 11,618 04-20-2019, 09:29 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  Sleepyhead or machine problem? BamaSteve 2 1,034 11-19-2018, 10:53 AM
Last Post: BamaSteve
  Newbie Questions about SleepyHead App and ResMed APAP machine STRVYS 2 1,284 10-20-2018, 01:43 PM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  Sleepyhead is not reading my cpap machine correctly yankees123 12 2,568 03-13-2018, 04:25 PM
Last Post: ShaunBlake
  BMC GII APAP machine and Sleepyhead analysis sofware sharp56 0 1,489 10-27-2017, 02:43 AM
Last Post: sharp56
  SleepyHead Support for BMC-GII APAP Machine Sheepish 2 1,682 10-19-2017, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sheepish

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.