Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New machine, better results?
RE: New machine, better results?
[attachment=45664 Wrote:OpalRose pid='458915' dateline='1667913968']             Can you show us a chart for last night?  The last one you posted from 10/31 shows mostly positional apnea.  Unless you can get that under control, there's not much good a pressure increase is going to do.

Hi OpalRose

Sure, here are the charts from the last two nights.:

Positional apnoea could well be a factor. I often awake lying almost on my stomach. I think this involves the neck being a bit twisted.

Also when I turn over to sleep facing away from the side where my machine is, it seems to result in an increase in ANother sleep disorder I suffer from, namely Restless Legs Syndrome. I suspect this as my legs from the knees down are almost rictus - i.e. the calf muscles are tensed.

The results with this machine are really encouraging, with both these nights' AHIs being below five, and thus allegedly "cured".

Despite this, and even if my AHI was zero, I think I'd still have chronic fatigue, both from the restless legs and as a result of other conditions/medication I am on, such as BP meds.

Sorting these issues as much as possible has taken on new importance. At the beginning of this year I suffered an aortic dissection.

Nevertheless, this leaves me at risk of a further dissection and obviously keeping blood pressure down and keeping in as good shape as possible is vitally important.
Respironics Dreamstation Auto CPAP ay 8 cm. fixed pressure.

Resmed AirFit F230 mask. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Thanks for posting.  The chart from Nov. 8 isn't bad at all.  Yes, you do show some positional apnea, but the clump of Obstructives in the early morning hours is more than likely sleep-wake-junk and can be dismissed.

Although suffering from RLS can't be easy.  You must have a lot of restless nights.  

If you're feeling better with this machine, then keep on with it.  Keep tabs on the leaks.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
http://www.ApneaBoard.com

Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-09-2022, 08:10 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Thanks for posting.  The chart from Nov. 8 isn't bad at all.  Yes, you do show some positional apnea, but the clump of Obstructives in the early morning hours is more than likely sleep-wake-junk and can be dismissed.

Although suffering from RLS can't be easy.  You must have a lot of restless nights.  

If you're feeling better with this machine, then keep on with it.  Keep tabs on the leaks.

Thanks Opal. Yes, the RLS is actually harder to treat than apnea. I know a few people suffer from both conditions.
Respironics Dreamstation Auto CPAP ay 8 cm. fixed pressure.

Resmed AirFit F230 mask. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help me interpret my second Sleep Study results YouTakeMyBreathAway 42 1,091 Yesterday, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Tried CPAP while waiting for sleep study, need help to understand OSCAR results jovaton 3 215 11-15-2022, 12:04 PM
Last Post: jovaton
Gross [Diagnosis] New Member Sleep Study Results: AHI 102! Gathermewool 26 1,007 11-04-2022, 06:28 PM
Last Post: Gathermewool
  [Pressure] Just started, can someone help with poor results? SleepGuy86 6 268 11-04-2022, 02:35 PM
Last Post: KeepSmiling
  OSCAR Results - Would love feedback and support! anyadee23 5 248 10-07-2022, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Oscar results looks good. Still waking a lot? anyadee23 5 326 10-05-2022, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  In search of feed back of initial BiPAP results nrelaz 1 180 09-29-2022, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.