Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New machine - - high events
New machine - - high events
Good Morning,

I just had second sleep study completed due to weight loss and my settings went from a15 to a 7. In the hospital, no events were counted. Ordered an teamed air sense 10 auto, given a 7 of a setting, last couple nights recorded events of 6.9 and 7 last night. Im not one to be an alarmist  but nothing else has changed. Any suggestions or recommendations? I not really sure sure what to do or who to call other than my local paleontologist. I've had the machine not even a month and its been smooth sailing up until recently....

I welcome any suggestions.

Guynftl68
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New machine - - high events
Sorry, your explanations are really not very clear.

When you had your second sleep study, did you use your CPAP machine?
You have had your Resmed machine for a month, but the AHI has suddenly gone up?

If your Resmed machine is reporting an AHI of 7 per night, then 7 as a pressure might just be too low to deal with most events. However, the autoset machine should be able to handle a range of pressures, e.g. from 7 to 12, when in APAP mode (the point of that model).
Post Reply Post Reply
Were you saying your pressure went from 15 to 7cm?

If you went down to 7cm and you are experiencing higher AHI then it probably means the pressure is too low.  Hard to say unless you download sleepyhead and post a night for us to see.  You can find sleepyhead at https://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE .

According to your profile, you have the Resmed 10 Autoset.  The beauty of an APAP is that you can set a range of pressures and it will auto adjust during the night to meet your needs.  If it were me, I might try 6.5 as the min, and 15 as the high (because it was your previous cpap pressure) and dial it in from there.  

You can also request the clinicians manual from this site, and change these settings yourself. It sounds like you are in CPAP mode so you'll need to switch it to APAP before you can enter a range.  TLDR for the clinicians menu: hold home and the circular button.  

Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-19-2017, 07:39 AM)Guynftl68 Wrote: Good Morning,

I just had second sleep study completed due to weight loss and my settings went from a15 to a 7. In the hospital, no events were counted. Ordered an teamed air sense 10 auto, given a 7 of a setting, last couple nights recorded events of 6.9 and 7 last night. Im not one to be an alarmist  but nothing else has changed. Any suggestions or recommendations? I not really sure sure what to do or who to call other than my local paleontologist. I've had the machine not even a month and its been smooth sailing up until recently....

I welcome any suggestions.

Guynftl68

Hi Guynftl68,
What was your AHI "before" the last couple nights when it read 6.9?  

I think you need to set your machine to Auto mode with a pressure range of 7 min to 15 max, and then take another look after a few days at what is going on.

We can then look at the breakdown down of AHI, like hypopneas, Obstructives,  clear airways, and better be able to advise.

Download the #SleepyHead software, and get started with that.

If you need the Clinicians manual to make these changes, order here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Guynftl68,
The Sleepyhead software (free) is what enables us to "see" what is going on. To give you the best advice it is best to get SleepyHead, organize your graphs, take a screen print and post it here, in this thread. See my signature for how to do all that.

Your title implies a new machine, what was your old machine, when did you switch and what were the settings on the old machine?

we can help you
thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Guynftl68,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy and getting it re-adjusted to your needs.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, Let me clarify some. I had been on a CPAP machine for about 12 years. I had been at a setting of around 15, but I had lost about 25 lbs, so my dr ordered a second sleep study, as he felt that the weight change would affect my settings. I did use the hospitals CPAP machine once I hit the threshold that it needed to be added as a therapy. In the morning, the sleep study dr. reported that my setting only went up to a 7 and there were no events during the night. I am now using the same machine that I used in the hospital ( a new one for me) and up to, seemed to have no events, the machine came pre programmed, so I don't know the range of settings that they installed, but seeing 7 events occurring in an hour, where there had been zero has me concerned. I don't know how to go backwards and compare to what was previously recorded. I will download this sleephyhead program, as a menas to better track my progress. Hope this helps everyone to understand more clearly.

GUYNFTL
Post Reply Post Reply
So you were using CPAP with a pressure of 15.

You lost a lot of weight.

You had a new sleep study. Machine only reached a maximum pressure of 7, and no events were recorded.

You have the same machine at home now, but you get many more events.

I guess maybe you had a very good night during your sleep study, or you are having bad nights now, or the last sleep study was not done correctly...
Post Reply Post Reply
Guynftl, tell your doctor you want an auto machine.  Obviously you still need CPAP and your pressure needs are changing.  That P.O.S. plus machine is a brick and doesn't give you any data.  With the auto CPAP, you won't need another sleep study.  Get a new script.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 31 2 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 44 1,341 04-17-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 299 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,416 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  [Pressure] High pressure Tomarovsch 1 112 04-12-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Are any of these events real? BigWing 6 197 04-09-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 7 218 04-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: joeblough

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.