Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New machine makes noise
New machine makes noise
Hello.
I bought an Apex, XT fit thinking a smaller size would be nice to pack in my luggage. I set the pressure to 6, the same as my 5 year old Resperonics SleepEasy. Both nights I tried the new one, the mask made a squeeking noise, even with the same tube and face mask. I tried turning my pressure down to 5.5, but it still makes noise.
Not sure how the same pressure, with the same mask and tube would make all this noise keeping me awake. Is this part of buying an inexpensive machine? I am getting ready to go on vacation and don't want to risk taking this new machine. Any advise would help. THANX!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New machine makes noise
Hi jdee702,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I don’t know anything about that particular machine, but I have heard that some of the travel machines are noisier.
Hang in there for more answers to your questions, much success to you with your CPAP therapy and have a nice vacation.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New machine makes noise
Hi again, its not actually my new machine making the noise, its my mask.
If the PSI is the same, as well as the tube and mask... why would it be making noise around my nose?
Do machines loose their pressure? (sorry if I am not using proper terminology) I wonder if my old machine was set for 6 originally, but is less now. That might explain why my new machine at 6 is pushing more air... and creating my disruptive squeaking.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,460 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 21,275 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 200 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 218 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,725 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 433 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44
Question Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now? mogulman 8 643 01-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.