Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New machine+mask=me excited
Grin 
New machine+mask=me excited
After going back and forth between trying to get info from my insurance co. and a few DME's I got frustrated and just called the study center to get info about their in house DME. They were the most helpful of anyone I spoke to. Since they already had all my insurance info on file due to having the study done there they were able to give me all the answers that even my insurance co. refused to give me. I decided they would get my business. They do not normally carry the AutoSense for Her but told me they would be happy to order it and today I got to pick it up. YAY. It was more costly to go this route than just buy online but the upside is I have hit my deductible and for the rest of the year will have no out of pocket medical expenses (so long as nothing that is excluded from my policy comes up).

Talk about night and day from my first experience where 6 yrs ago the not as nice study center handed me a machine and mask of THEIR choice with NO info and sent me on my merry way. Today the RT sat with me for an hour. Even though I have already been using CPAP she wanted to show me all the functions of the machine (obviously not her menus-but everything else) plus she said she had not gotten to actually see the "for her" version before and she was excited about it too. She was very friendly and knowledgeable and I am really glad that I chose them. As a study center they have a pretty good reputation in town and I am glad that they seem to have the same great service on their DME side as well. I am a bit nervous to use the auto mode tonight as I am pretty used to a straight shot setting but am very hopeful it is an easy transition. Most of all I am excited for my new P10 mask. No more shooting a stream of air at my boyfriends face from my Breeze and I can wear my glasses with it. I am also happy to have a lighter machine to travel with on vacation soon. My old S8 was such a pain to pack and my Breeze mask didn't fit in the bag so that was even more a pain.

Well.... I just wanted to share my excitement at my new machine and my good experience with the DME Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New machine+mask=me excited
Hi distantdreamer,
CONGRATULATIONS! on your new machine.!
It's great to hear that you have a good DME, that is kind of rare, they sound like a keeper for sure, and it's good that they were so helpfull to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
distantdreamer,
Your enthusiasm rubbed off on me this morning! Let us know how your doing.
OpalRose
Well-done
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm glad your therapy is going well for you! Best of luck on your journey.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great news, distantdreamer!

Having a helpful AND knowledgeable DME is really great. Too bad about the extra cost, but, as you say, the deductible is met for the year.

You might want to download Sleepyhead software and keep track of how you are doing; I find it extremely helpful. The link is at the top of the page just under the Apneaboard.com line.
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2015, 01:06 PM)Evpraxia Wrote: Great news, distantdreamer!

Having a helpful AND knowledgeable DME is really great. Too bad about the extra cost, but, as you say, the deductible is met for the year.

You might want to download Sleepyhead software and keep track of how you are doing; I find it extremely helpful. The link is at the top of the page just under the Apneaboard.com line.

I hope you enjoy your auto set machine , I know I sure do enjoy mine. If I may suggest if you use your ramp to set it for as short of time as you can, like 5 - 10 minutes ,mainly because your used to a fixed pressure. I know for me I started with auto ramp which didn't bother me too much, then I tryed 5 mins. and liked that more, but I normaly fall asleep quickly. Smile
Enjoy.......and Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2015, 12:14 AM)distantdreamer Wrote: After going back and forth between trying to get info from my insurance co. and a few DME's I got frustrated and just called the study center to get info about their in house DME. They were the most helpful of anyone I spoke to. Since they already had all my insurance info on file due to having the study done there they were able to give me all the answers that even my insurance co. refused to give me. I decided they would get my business. They do not normally carry the AutoSense for Her but told me they would be happy to order it and today I got to pick it up. YAY. It was more costly to go this route than just buy online but the upside is I have hit my deductible and for the rest of the year will have no out of pocket medical expenses (so long as nothing that is excluded from my policy comes up).

Talk about night and day from my first experience where 6 yrs ago the not as nice study center handed me a machine and mask of THEIR choice with NO info and sent me on my merry way. Today the RT sat with me for an hour. Even though I have already been using CPAP she wanted to show me all the functions of the machine (obviously not her menus-but everything else) plus she said she had not gotten to actually see the "for her" version before and she was excited about it too. She was very friendly and knowledgeable and I am really glad that I chose them. As a study center they have a pretty good reputation in town and I am glad that they seem to have the same great service on their DME side as well. I am a bit nervous to use the auto mode tonight as I am pretty used to a straight shot setting but am very hopeful it is an easy transition. Most of all I am excited for my new P10 mask. No more shooting a stream of air at my boyfriends face from my Breeze and I can wear my glasses with it. I am also happy to have a lighter machine to travel with on vacation soon. My old S8 was such a pain to pack and my Breeze mask didn't fit in the bag so that was even more a pain.

Well.... I just wanted to share my excitement at my new machine and my good experience with the DME Smile

Congratulations on your new machine and DME.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good stuff Dreamie, I'm looking forward to hearing how you did on your first night.
Post Reply Post Reply
So I was really excited to get all set up and use the P10 mask that I slept so well with at the study that maybe I set my expectations too high. The last two nights I wake up being able to hear my own breathing through the mask like I am Darth Vader. I actually feel like I have gotten crap sleep even though I have had AHI less than 1 both nights. I am wondering if it could be that I am used to my old machine set at 9 and my avg on the autoset seems to be about 7.9 (my settings are set for 6-12). Maybe I am reacting to the lower setting and even though it's doing its job achieving a low AHI its not comfy?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm more inclined to think it's a pillows issue. What size are you using? If medium or less, go up one size and see how that does. Also, are you using EPR? You might try reducing that by one as well if you are. Finally, hearing yourself breath can sometimes be preferable to not hearing yourself breath, although I've been told that in those circumstances one doesn't actually care anymore.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASV machine making weird sound on startup and when mask is disconnected kc90 7 285 02-08-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Woke up feeling air starved, turned machine off fell back to sleep but with mask on Phil487 7 864 01-20-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Phil487
  [CPAP] Significant noise from mask since change of CPAP machine! SwissTruffle 7 702 01-03-2024, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] I cannot keep my mask on, and I'm thinking of returning the machine. blakeh36 1 372 11-12-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,141 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  How do I reduce machine noise with the P30i mask? TiredTom111 3 778 08-07-2023, 06:00 AM
Last Post: Sleepy Quixote
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.