Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New machine need help to set it up and get going.
New machine need help to set it up and get going.
Thanks to all of you guys (excluding retired guy, and those puppies!! Dielaughing ) I went out and bought the machine today, a Philips 760P. Thanks to Apnea Board and Super Sleeper I have the clinician setup manual.

Machine seems very quiet, came with humidifier, still had the plastic over the dial. Looked to be in overall good condition. Very old user, and very nice husband who sold it to me. In case anyone wants to know.

Now, what the heck do I do?? Should I set it up as a standard CPAP at 18 as my current machine is, and record the data for a week before doing anything? Or.... should I just jump right in with the bipap biflex and set it up that way and see how it goes? Opinions please.Dont-know
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New machine need help to set it up and get going.
I would set it up like your current machine and get a week's worth of data first - different machine and all that. Then, depending on your numbers, you might try other stuff - just gotta remember, one thing at a time, with a reasonable time period between changes.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Galactus, CONGRATULATIONS! on the new machine.
Hang in there for more suggestions.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-04-2014, 09:35 PM)Peter_C Wrote: I would set it up like your current machine and get a week's worth of data first - different machine and all that. Then, depending on your numbers, you might try other stuff - just gotta remember, one thing at a time, with a reasonable time period between changes.

This seems logical as I would like to know where I started, and what is happening now that I couldn't see on my old brick. I was thinking that made the most sense especially from past threads that you guys helped me pick a machine. So it's all setup like my old brick and I'm going to give it the old college try and see what I get.

Thanks as well trish6hundred, I almost didn't take the plunge as I really didn't want to spend the money, but what can you do? I need to know where I stand.
Post Reply Post Reply
I see my sleep doc Monday - seeing all the centrals I am getting (my old machine did not know what a central was) - am betting a new study is coming my way soonish.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2014, 01:32 AM)Peter_C Wrote: I see my sleep doc Monday - seeing all the centrals I am getting (my old machine did not know what a central was) - am betting a new study is coming my way soonish.

At least now you know and they will get you back on track. Till now I have had a unit that pretty much didn't know what anything was. Now this one is way above my knowledge. So I'm just trying to figure out how to use it and to know what it knows. I guess I have to get the sleepyhead software and figure out how to use that as well. I'm starting to feel a little overwhelmed now with just how much I do not know.

Just doing my best to make sure no frustration sets in.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have good data with encore software or SleepyHead then you can make a good start for yourself.
Since you are already used to some fairly high pressure I would
start at the beginning with the new machine.
Try 7cm for low pressure, and about +4cm for the high side (11cm)
See how your numbers look after a week.
The pressure log will become important to help you decide where the machine is floating your pressure most of the time. Then you can set your high-low to bracket that value.
See? No rocket science! Smile

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-04-2014, 09:35 PM)Peter_C Wrote: I would set it up like your current machine and get a week's worth of data first - different machine and all that. Then, depending on your numbers, you might try other stuff - just gotta remember, one thing at a time, with a reasonable time period between changes.

Absolutely agree. If you change more than one thing at a time, it can get very confusing identifying the problem if your results change.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2014, 11:41 AM)NickDanger Wrote:

Absolutely agree. If you change more than one thing at a time, it can get very confusing identifying the problem if your results change.

BINGO! Then you might as well start all over again...

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2014, 11:45 AM)Peter_C Wrote:
(09-06-2014, 11:41 AM)NickDanger Wrote:

BINGO! Then you might as well start all over again...

......and yet --- Anything worth doing is worth doing over.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,991 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,881 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,350 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,802 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,294 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.