Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New machine, new doctor - do I add a new OSCAR profile?
New machine, new doctor - do I add a new OSCAR profile?
I joined the forum in 2015 when I was diagnosed with sleep apnea. I loaded SleepyHead on my machine and imported some data, but that’s basically all that I did.  This spring after trouble with my Airsense 10 AutoSet, I ended up with a DreamStation Auto CPAP. I found my learning/adjustment period has been about as long as with my first machine so I’m back to the Apnea Board with newbie questions. Thank you all for being there! 

I decided to first load OSCAR. I successfully installed it and imported the data from my Airsense 10 AutoSet but stopped before adding my DreamStation data. I wasn’t sure if I first needed to add a new profile, or update the existing one so I would be able to see the machine change in OSCAR. Also, I have a new doctor which I need to add. I did update my member profile with the new machine info a couple of days ago but wasn’t sure if it somehow made its way into OSCAR. If so, I’m not seeing it there so maybe there was something additional I needed to do or maybe they are two separate things. I did look in the documentation but didn't find an answer. Could have just missed it though. .

Windows 10
OSCAR 1.0 1-r-1
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New machine, new doctor - do I add a new OSCAR profile?
Welcome back Mapster

There are two schools of thought about mixing the machines in the same profile. The current view among the developers seems to be that the machines should be kept separate in their own profiles. However I currently have three different machines on one profile, and the Statistics page clearly shows the dates and prescriptions for each one.

To create a new profile in Oscar, just click on the Profile tab (under the main menu) then select New Profile over on the right hand side under the Oscar logo. To check what data is stored, select an existing profile and click on Edit Profile.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2019, 09:31 PM)mapster Wrote: I did update my member profile with the new machine info a couple of days ago but wasn’t sure if it somehow made its way into OSCAR. If so, I’m not seeing it there so maybe there was something additional I needed to do or maybe they are two separate things. I did look in the documentation but didn't find an answer. Could have just missed it though.

If by "member profile," you mean your profile here on the Apnea Board forum, there is no connection between that and OSCAR.  If you want the same information in your OSCAR profile you will need to update that in OSCAR.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your responses, DeepBreathing and GuyScharf!

By Member Profile, I did mean the Apnea Board profile. I'll update my OSCAR profile in the morning, making sure it matches the Apnea Board profile and adding my new machine and doctor. If the developers think a new profile is the way to go, I'll do that. In my experience it's always good to keep developers happy!

I just want to make sure there is a distinction between the data from the old and new machines since the AHI on the new machine is running higher than the old one. I'll probably be posting a question about that tomorrow!
Post Reply Post Reply
Very important that you provide complete settings on both your current and old machines.  This includes RAMP, Flex, Min and Max pressures, autostarts etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
Setting up a new profile for your new machine sounds like a good idea, that is what I would do. From what DeepBreathing is saying and to maintain continuity of time you might try making a combined profile, if it doesn't work nothing lost! With OSCAR Profiles are easy to add and delete. Make sure to save regular backups of the SD Card, I make a folder with the date and I make a copy of the folder P-SERIES and drop it in. I have been doing this about twice a week, or so and It has saved me already. Do not alter the name of the folder on the SD Card, and everything will be cool! 

Quick-Tip make a copy of the SD Card to Take to the doctor's office if they ask for your Data because things can happen! I have got copies on 32GB SD Cards, the DreamStation doesn't mind, just don't go to large and you will be fine!
Post Reply Post Reply
Like DeepBreathing, I’m using the same OSCAR profile for two CPAP machines, a ResMed A10 Auto and a DreamStation Pro. I also run one profile for the same two machines in SleepyHead. I have not run into any issues by doing so. I like the continuity I get from having the data from both machines on the same profile.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2019, 05:38 PM)MitchS Wrote: Like DeepBreathing, I’m using the same OSCAR profile for two CPAP machines, a ResMed A10 Auto and a DreamStation Pro. I also run one profile for the same two machines in SleepyHead. I have not run into any issues by doing so. I like the continuity I get from having the data from both machines on the same profile.

I just created a new profile in Oscar to start viewing data from my new (travel) dreamstation go auto and it wiped out all the previous data that I had from my (home) Autosense 10 on my other profile. What did I do wrong?
Post Reply Post Reply
This may sound silly but you have to select the profile that you like to view, it's happened to me more often that I'd like to admit.  And yes, with a new model machine we do suggest a new profile, though it is not necessary.  If you use both machines the same day I would suggest different profiles for each.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-01-2019, 12:29 PM)bonjour Wrote: This may sound silly but you have to select the profile that you like to view, it's happened to me more often that I'd like to admit.  And yes, with a new model machine we do suggest a new profile, though it is not necessary.  If you use both machines the same day I would suggest different profiles for each.

Thank you so much for your reply. I did try to switch between profiles and one wipes out the other after I download one card or the other. I first select the profile into which I want to download the data....and that works great. But then if I want to look at the other profile, it is empty on the previous days for which it had data.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Won't load profile - Sonoma 14.4.4 MacBook Pro breathingwell 1 41 04-17-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: breathingwell
  Can I delete a profile in Oscar? JUllian 8 2,330 04-12-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: amarnina
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 241 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  1.5.2 opens without my profile JollyJoker 2 190 03-18-2024, 11:48 AM
Last Post: JollyJoker
  Intermittent use of C-PAP machine and OSCAR monitoring Thanassis 6 313 02-27-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Thanassis
  Generating reports for doctor TechieHippie 5 424 02-19-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  OSCAR has never seen my machine's data before! PappaJoe 9 557 02-14-2024, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.