Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New machine, new thoughts?
RE: New machine, new thoughts?
As stated above, not having SleepyHead would be a deal breaker for me too.  Either the AutoSet or the for Her would be my choice.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2018, 11:07 PM)facemir Wrote: My Resmed Auto S10 died, (11 months old) and I am have been given a F&P SleepStyle Auto as a loaner, while they quoted on a repair. $600 to repair the ResMed so am contemplating purchasing the F&P SleepStyle Auto.
I have been using the SleepStyle Auto for three weeks now and I really like it. My AHI is down to between 1 and 3 as opposed to about 5-7 on the ResMed. And I really like the humidifier setup.
The only sticking point for me, is the total lack of options to get the data off the machine. I have tried sleepyhead and that doesn't appear to work. F & P have a software program called Infosmart but thats near impossible to get a hold of, unless you are a doctor, and also F&p SleepStyle has a bluetooth setup with an app on your phone, but I cant get this to pair with my iphone 8. Apparently I am not the only one unable to pair my phone to the SleepStyle, all the reviews on the app store say the same thing.
So the only data available available is from the screen on the SleepStyle, which consists of, hours, mask leak, and AHI.
So the F&P SleepStyle Auto seems to be a great machine let down by non existent data availability to the end user.
I still dont know what to buy to replace the dead ResMed

I consider the SleepStyle a convenient, kind of use it like it is box. If it works for you, then it may be just fine. If you want to tweak it, then it is a problem for the reasons you mention. My subjective opinion is that the SleepStyle gives a more optimistic AHI than the A10. I am not averaging as low a AHI with the A10 as I did with the SleepStyle. Don't think either machine is doing anything magic. It is probably just their criteria for flagging events is not exactly the same.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-13-2018, 01:14 AM)jaswilliams Wrote:  Did you buy new ?

No second hand. Hence no warrantee
Update: bought a new ResMed. I still think the F&P is the better machine, but no point buying a "brick" with no possibilty of getting access to the data. What were F&P thinking ???
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,517 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
Question Any thoughts on why my heart rate increases when using CPAP? hejohoo 3 946 04-08-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: hejohoo
  What are your thoughts on dental Daytime Nightime Appliances (DNA)? NoddingHacker 13 2,828 01-24-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Msevcsisin
  Your thoughts on my stats Brennie 60 2,698 12-30-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Brennie
  some thoughts after a few weeks? ifsmithy 39 1,664 12-21-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Thoughts on my data (after double jaw surgery) accetableplaintain 2 453 11-27-2023, 06:30 AM
Last Post: accetableplaintain
  New mask, thoughts on my sleep data? SleepyMcDonald 1 417 11-08-2023, 11:13 AM
Last Post: gainerfull

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.