Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New machine - not sleeping?
New machine - not sleeping?
Hi

I just bought a new resmed S9 autoset Elite

I had been using the exact same machine for the last 3 years. Only difference now is that I bought it rather than renting it.

However, even though (as far as I can tell) all my settings are the same, I am now waking up with apneatic episodes where before I was not.

My AHI was 0.3 last night, and after 2 hours sleep tonight is 0.8. My understanding is these are pretty low? However, I have been waking up both nights with the usual not breathing/choking sensation, was really tired all day yesterday etc. and am worried that the machine is simply not picking up the pressure correctly?

Is there any way I can check that the pressure sensors are working correctly?

My physician previously had it set 4-12 but I found that didn't work (about a year ago) so I changed it myself to 8-16 and for the last year that was fine. Only changing the machine itself (not even the type of machine) seems to have created this problem.

Any ideas? Thanks for any help!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New machine - not sleeping?
Hi Bolouswki,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your questions and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
But the low end a little and see what happens.

Are you reading the data off the SDCard to see if you are getting you very few events as clusters (those numbers are so low there is almost nothing to cluster) or maybe they are LONG events.

SleepyHead software at SourceForge.net will let you view the data from the APAP's SD Card.

FYI: Autoset and Elite are two different machines (both in the S9 series) so I expect you have the S9 AutoSet.

If you new machine were running low, quite a bit low, that might account for it. Or maybe it is just variance.

Based on the AHI NUMBERS we would normally say, FogitaboutIt but the fact that you are waking up to events means something serious is still happening. (Could however be reflux or something else.)
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks for the replys

yeah I believe its the autoset allright - spot on there. FOggy brain Smile

I will download the software and I guess I have a few nights analysis to do. I just got a couple of hours sleep there so feel slightly better.

I'm sure I'll be back with more questions!
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad you are (already) feeling some better -- many people don't get that for weeks or even months so you are way ahead of the game.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Definitely have a look at the data using SleepyHead or ResScan to see if you are perhaps railing against your pressure limit.

The great thing about an AutoSet is that it really doesn't need to be calibrated. It doesn't matter what the actual absolute pressure is (unless you are reaching a limit pressure), if a higher pressure is needed, it generates a higher pressure and vice versa.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 986 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 825 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 209 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 254 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Still Having Trouble with Sleeping CcReesezzzzz01 7 459 02-13-2024, 01:39 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Not been sleeping well, just installed SD card and oscar, please help SleepyGrumpy 2 228 02-04-2024, 07:36 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.