Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New machine ordered & trying pillows again
New machine ordered & trying pillows again
I'm excited! Just ordered myself a machine (currently using a rental) and I have decided to go with the new AirSense 10 AutoSet.

I've decided to give nasal pillows another go, tried them for the first few nights but I was titrating at home and I really struggled with the minimum pressure being 4. So now with a little more experience, a slightly higher minimum pressure and a chin strap also on order, I'm going to give the P10 a go, getting a Quattro air too as I know that works ok for me and even if the P10 works well it will be good to have a FFM for backup.

Wish me luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New machine ordered & trying pillows again
(08-24-2014, 02:14 AM)Crist Wrote: I'm excited! Just ordered myself a machine (currently using a rental) and I have decided to go with the new AirSense 10 AutoSet.

If I were getting an A10 AutoSet I would get the A10 AutoSet For Her. The For Her model has everything the regular A10 model has, plus more. More options and features, including RERA reporting, which the regular AutoSet model may lack.

But in any case, Good Luck!

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well done Crist, you have made some great choices. I hope you have success with the pillows because once you learn to manage them the P10 really is a great mask.
Wishing you the best of luck on your journey.

Vsheline, I have gone ahead and ordered the 'for her' AirSense as I have read on here as well as other places that it does have some added advantages. Not sure why the men are missing out.
Even though I am looking forward to the arrival of it, from what I am learning it doesn't sound very different at all from the S9.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
I was going to get the for her but I need to get my machine sooner rather than later as I am paying rental fees at the moment and it's starting to add up and I want to avoid ticking over into the next month. Getting a machine from the US into Australia is limited as most suppliers won't ship Resmed out of the country. I could have a for her or an AutoSet from my local supplier for $2495 AUD but instead I'm getting the AutoSet, plus a P10 and a Quattro Air, chinstrap, with shipping and insurance for just under $1300 AUD. Unfortunately the supplier I'm using doesn't have any for her machines and isn't able to give me any assurance that they are going to stock them. I'm doing really well with the S9 AutoSet so I'm not too concerned about missing out on the extra algorithm that the for her offers Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
That sounds great Crist. Half what you would pay in Australia.
I have never bought one item in Australia and never intend to. We are so ripped off here. Good on you for sourcing a good deal.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-24-2014, 02:35 AM)Gabby Wrote: I have gone ahead and ordered the 'for her' AirSense as I have read on here as well as other places that it does have some added advantages. Not sure why the men are missing out.

If men order the For Her model they will not be missing out, because the For Her model allows a choice between fixed pressure CPAP mode, the normal AutoSet mode, or the new AutoSet For Her mode.
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Crist,
Good luck to you with the new mask and machine and CONGRATULATIONS.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on making the decision; will be eager to hear how it all works for you. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Good job Crist.... I'll be anxious to hear all about your new machine. ...and I agree with you about giving the P10 another try. Remember that often going to one cushion size larger than you think you need can be very helpful.

As far as the RERA thing? I noticed with great interest one of our other fine members report on using the new A10 Guy. The Resmed reports he posted showed a value for RERA. So maybe it is present on the guy machine?

...and isn't it ridiculous that we're talking guy machines vs: girl machines here?

Post Reply Post Reply
no kidding. I don't understand the distinction. Can't they make one machine that will do all of those things?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,753 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Am I crazy for complaining to this DME seller about the reservoir I ordered? sweetbobby 14 448 03-08-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: sweetbobby
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 389 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 394 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 933 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 482 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  [Symptoms] Waking up with dry mouth with nasal pillows migui0323 3 530 01-05-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.