New machine ordered & trying pillows again
vsheline Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: S9 VPAP Adapt (USA Model# 36007, not better 36037 or 36067)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F10 or SimPlus w/ 2Liners. MirageQuatro & Gecko gel pad
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 15 EPAP, PS 5-10
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Marfan Syndrome, chronic bradycardia, occasional Cheyne-Stokes Respiration

Sex: Male

RE: New machine ordered & trying pillows again
(08-24-2014 11:30 AM)Clementine Wrote:  I don't understand the distinction. Can't they make one machine that will do all of those things?

Yes, they can and they did.

They named it the "Airsense 10 AutoSet For Her" model, which can operate just like an Airsence 10 AutoSet (when the For Her model is set to "AutoSet" mode) or can operate in the new For Her mode.

I suppose they will soon be selling "skins" (stick-on coverings with various colors or patterns such as manly camouflage), like they also offer for the S9 machines.

Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment. The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies - not on matters concerning treatment for Sleep Apnea. I think it is now too late to change the name of the group but I think Voting Member group would perhaps have been a more descriptive name for the group.
08-24-2014 01:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
vsheline Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: S9 VPAP Adapt (USA Model# 36007, not better 36037 or 36067)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F10 or SimPlus w/ 2Liners. MirageQuatro & Gecko gel pad
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 15 EPAP, PS 5-10
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Marfan Syndrome, chronic bradycardia, occasional Cheyne-Stokes Respiration

Sex: Male

(08-24-2014 11:18 AM)retired_guy Wrote:  As far as the RERA thing? I noticed with great interest one of our other fine members report on using the new A10 Guy. The Resmed reports he posted showed a value for RERA. So maybe it is present on the guy machine?

Hi retired_guy,

It seems likely that the member you refer to actually had the good sense to order the AutoSet For Her model (although perhaps he was operating it in CPAP mode or standard AutoSet mode rather than in the new AutoSet For Her mode), because the setup manual for the A10 clearly says that RERA detection is recorded only by the AutoSet for Her model:

Detailed Data recorded:
Apnea or hypopnea events
CSR
RERA (AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her only)
Flow limitation (flat to round)
Leak (L/sec)
Minute ventilation (L/min)
Pressure (cm H2O / hPa)
Snore (quiet to loud)

Note that if using the AutoSet For Her model, RERA reporting occurs in all modes. The setup manual says:

"Respiratory Effort Related Arousals (RERA) reporting is available on the AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her in all modes."

"RERAs are periods of increasing respiratory effort which are terminated by an arousal. Increasing
respiratory effort will be seen as airflow limitation.These flow-based RERA events are logged and
stored as summary and/or detailed data and can then be viewed in one of ResMed's patient
management systems."

Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment. The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies - not on matters concerning treatment for Sleep Apnea. I think it is now too late to change the name of the group but I think Voting Member group would perhaps have been a more descriptive name for the group.
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2014 03:52 PM by vsheline.)
08-24-2014 03:10 PM
Crist Online

Preferred Members

Machine: AirSense 10 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed AirFit P10 for her
Humidifier: Integrated
CPAP Pressure: 11-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Female

(08-24-2014 11:18 AM)retired_guy Wrote:  Good job Crist.... I'll be anxious to hear all about your new machine. ...and I agree with you about giving the P10 another try. Remember that often going to one cushion size larger than you think you need can be very helpful.

Thanks retired_guy, I've seem quite a few posts about larger cushions sometimes helping and so I've ordered the P10 with all cushion sizes to give me the best possible chance of it working for me Smile
08-24-2014 03:38 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [Equipment] Advice on transitioning from pillows to FFM? Strat0caster 8 210 12-02-2016 10:58 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Question AHI Higher AFter Switch from Nasal Pillows to Full Mask Sleepypokey 8 499 10-26-2016 03:07 PM
Last Post: Kadenz
  Looking for Recommendations on Lightweight *Nasal* Mask (no pillows) Dreams of Green 16 742 10-24-2016 05:20 PM
Last Post: TheDuke
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 21 1,775 10-18-2016 06:02 PM
Last Post: Rcgop
  Ordered a Auto CPAP / Was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea jakthebomb 15 804 10-18-2016 08:00 AM
Last Post: southerndoc
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 2 6,075 10-12-2016 11:37 AM
Last Post: DariaVader
  Opus 360 Nasal Pillows holden4th 1 202 09-29-2016 05:33 AM
Last Post: cate1898