Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New machine ordered & trying pillows again
RE: New machine ordered & trying pillows again
(08-24-2014, 11:30 AM)Clementine Wrote: I don't understand the distinction. Can't they make one machine that will do all of those things?

Yes, they can and they did.

They named it the "Airsense 10 AutoSet For Her" model, which can operate just like an Airsence 10 AutoSet (when the For Her model is set to "AutoSet" mode) or can operate in the new For Her mode.

I suppose they will soon be selling "skins" (stick-on coverings with various colors or patterns such as manly camouflage), like they also offer for the S9 machines.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-24-2014, 11:18 AM)retired_guy Wrote: As far as the RERA thing? I noticed with great interest one of our other fine members report on using the new A10 Guy. The Resmed reports he posted showed a value for RERA. So maybe it is present on the guy machine?

Hi retired_guy,

It seems likely that the member you refer to actually had the good sense to order the AutoSet For Her model (although perhaps he was operating it in CPAP mode or standard AutoSet mode rather than in the new AutoSet For Her mode), because the setup manual for the A10 clearly says that RERA detection is recorded only by the AutoSet for Her model:

Detailed Data recorded:
Apnea or hypopnea events
CSR
RERA (AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her only)
Flow limitation (flat to round)
Leak (L/sec)
Minute ventilation (L/min)
Pressure (cm H2O / hPa)
Snore (quiet to loud)

Note that if using the AutoSet For Her model, RERA reporting occurs in all modes. The setup manual says:

"Respiratory Effort Related Arousals (RERA) reporting is available on the AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her in all modes."

"RERAs are periods of increasing respiratory effort which are terminated by an arousal. Increasing
respiratory effort will be seen as airflow limitation.These flow-based RERA events are logged and
stored as summary and/or detailed data and can then be viewed in one of ResMed's patient
management systems."
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-24-2014, 11:18 AM)retired_guy Wrote: Good job Crist.... I'll be anxious to hear all about your new machine. ...and I agree with you about giving the P10 another try. Remember that often going to one cushion size larger than you think you need can be very helpful.

Thanks retired_guy, I've seem quite a few posts about larger cushions sometimes helping and so I've ordered the P10 with all cushion sizes to give me the best possible chance of it working for me Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,765 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Am I crazy for complaining to this DME seller about the reservoir I ordered? sweetbobby 14 452 03-08-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: sweetbobby
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 391 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 399 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 934 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 485 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  [Symptoms] Waking up with dry mouth with nasal pillows migui0323 3 531 01-05-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.