Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New machine resmed s9 auto set
New machine resmed s9 auto set
I just got a new cpap my old one died it was a older resmed. I got a resmed s9 autoset and so far i love it. so much better sleeping. I reviewed my data from last night was wondering if anyone could tell me if it is good?

apnea index of 1.3 ahi 1.7
obstructive .3
central 1.0
Leak 95% is 36
pressure 95% 8.8

total hours used 7.9

I woke up several times last night but kept my mask on all night wich i a new thing with this cpap
well thanks for any info
RE: New machine resmed s9 auto set
welcome to the board
one night is not a trend but if leak is disturbing your sleep than ought to be fixed
fragmented sleep does not lead to a restful sleep
AHI is good ... blew 5 considered good
S9 acceptable leak 24 L/min
95% percentile leak 36 L/min can be on the high side but doesn't tell us how long stayed there, could be just for a brief period
you need the software to see the other stats and leak graph for the full picture

here is the link to Resscan software and interpretation guide download .... post #1
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ersion-4-2
To add to what Zonk said, leaks look kind of high. Above 24 can throw off readings. It would be a good idea to download ResScan or Sleepy Head and import the data from the SD card so you can see when and for how long leaks are happening and if and which events they correspond with.

Any idea what's causing leaks? Do you notice any specific problem points on your mask?

It's just one night so give it some time. You want the AHI below 5 and leaks below 24.

Are you using any software? There's ResScan and SleepyHead. Both available here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...-and-Links
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Hi jayfr88 and WELCOME! to the forum.!
What everyone has said so far.
Best of luck to you with your new machine.
trish6hundred
this is the downloaded info i think my mask is the problem how tight should it be? it is a fairly new mask about 2 months old. any sugestions
Question 
And another qestion how does the humidifier works i like cold more then hot air so if i turn it up is that higher temp? i have it on 4.5 now and my moth is still dry.

All help is thankful Thanks
If your machine is set to record "sleep quality" data (setting is in the clinician menu), then you should be able to see detailed daily data. With this you can see when the leaks are happening, how bad and for how long. You'll also be able to see several other detailed daily charts.

Is your mask a Quattro or is it a Quattro FX? If it's Quattro FX then it's best to use Mask Set and adjust it so it doesn't leak at that pressure. Mask set goes to previous night's median pressure. In a nutshell, the mask should be secure, but loose enough to allow the cushion to inflate and hold the hard plastic part away from your face. It's also important to wash the cushion every day with an oil-free soap - I use regular dishwashing liquid - until it is squeeky clean and somewhat tacky. I also shave and wash my face before bed instead of in the morning. I think these things should help with a Quattro (non FX), but I've never used one so don't know.

The difference in air temp. will be negligible. Higher humidy will heat the water a little more, but that won't really heat the air. If you use a ClimateLine then the higher temp setting will warm the hose a little, but that shouldn't do much either. Considering the volume of air moving through the system, any temp. change would be extremely minor and the temp. of air coming out will be extemely close to the temp of air going in.

If you're drying out, you may want to try raising the humidity one tick and see if anything improves - if it gets worse, you may want to back it off and see what happens. Some people report drying out from too much humi. Keep an eye out for rain-out if raising humi level.
If your mouth is dry (especially with humidity set at that level) and you have leaks, I am wondering if you breathe through your mouth?

(01-11-2013, 01:12 PM)jayfr88 Wrote: And another qestion how does the humidifier works i like cold more then hot air so if i turn it up is that higher temp? i have it on 4.5 now and my moth is still dry.

All help is thankful Thanks

(01-11-2013, 02:05 PM)SPOUSE Wrote: If your mouth is dry (especially with humidity set at that level) and you have leaks, I am wondering if you breathe through your mouth?

I am a moth breather

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,356 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,333 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  [Equipment] Are the ResMed Aircurve 10 S and ResMed Aircurve 10 VAuto the "exact same machine"? kkjacks 3 271 02-20-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: kkjacks
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 392 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  My resmed s9 escape auto does not save date and time. jocemar 2 280 12-30-2023, 11:03 PM
Last Post: jocemar
Question I am still successfully using ResMed S9. Should I get a newer machine? Miriam Hokmah 3 572 11-23-2023, 04:10 PM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.