Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New machine, same problem with recording timer.
New machine, same problem with recording timer.
Is it because I go to bed after midnight? My new Aircurve 10 is recording up to 7 plus hours, but if I get up to use the bathroom in the late morning, and then put it back on again, it registers only 30 to 50 minutes of use upon shutting it off. I called the DME, and they said they don't understand why this is happening, and they will have to call ResMed back. They also told me that if I have it on auto on and off, it will report as big leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New machine, same problem with recording timer.
First if you get up at 11:00 AM to go to the bathroom or do whatever, go back to bed at 11:30 AM and sleep until 12:30 PM, it will only show 30 minutes of use because a new day starts at noon.

It will show a big leak if you leave the machine on when you wake up to go to the bathroom or get a drink or whatever. If you turn the machine off when you wake up and get up, you will be all the better for it.

Hope this answers your questions.

I am sure others will have their input as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
You might check the date/time settings on the Aircurve. Also, since the latest firmware update on the A10 series, I've noticed an increase in problems being reported with Sleepyhead and the Aircurve series.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-13-2015, 06:48 PM)me50 Wrote: First if you get up at 11:00 AM to go to the bathroom or do whatever, go back to bed at 11:30 AM and sleep until 12:30 PM, it will only show 30 minutes of use because a new day starts at noon.

It will show a big leak if you leave the machine on when you wake up to go to the bathroom or get a drink or whatever. If you turn the machine off when you wake up and get up, you will be all the better for it.

Hope this answers your questions.

I am sure others will have their input as well.

That totally explains why the clock shifts, and DME had NO CLUE. Even though they have been nice to me, I think it's perhaps time to seek out another DME.

Post Reply Post Reply
"SmartStart" (auto on/off ) is just that. It turns itself on and off and does not report big leaks in the process.
if you can't decide then you don't have enough data.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Airsense 10 not recording data Guajiro 3 159 03-11-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,327 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,463 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 331 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 549 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.