Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New mask SleepWeaver Anew
New mask SleepWeaver Anew
Has anyone tried the SleepWeaver Anew full face mask.
I have been using the SleepWeaver Élan for about a year and need to replace it.
I would like to use an full face mask but the hard shell masks make it uncomfortable for me to sleep on my side, the mask digs into my face when I sleep with it against the pillow. The Elan has been much more comfortable except when my nose is stuffed.
I would like to try this Anew but any feed back first would be great.
On my way to the doctor now to pick up a prescription.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New mask SleepWeaver Anew
Hi bwexler,

I only have (limited) experience with the Elan, but if it's any indication, I personally would not enjoy this mask. One of the problems I had with the Elan aside from getting it to stay sealed is that when sleeping on my side the fabric would press against the pillow and collapse in on itself. It made me feel like I was breathing through one nostril.

I can see this mask being even more so problematic for me, but don't let that deter you if you've already mastered sleeping with the Elan.

Looking forward to a review if you get it!
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried it last week and RMA'd it back to [Supplier #1] after three nights of trying to use it. It just won't seal properly and each morning I would wake up exhausted to find the words "high pressure leak during last session" displayed on my machine (I had never seen this message before and I've been using the machine for 5 years).

I'm hoping they can work the bugs out in future versions, because if it could keep a seal under high pressure then it would be the perfect mask. I think what may be needed is some combination of rigid and soft- if someone could take this idea and marry it to a traditional rigid mask, that might work.

The only mask that has ever worked consistently for me has been the respironics comfort gel; if there were some way to keep a rigid chassis that you could attach replaceable cushions to, coupled with soft cloth for the rest of the frame where hard plastic used to be (getting rid of the forehead bridge), then maybe it could have the best of both worlds.
Post Reply Post Reply
bwexler, I hear you....just returning a hard shell mask as it put pressure on the side of my nose when I was sleeping on my side.

I can't be much help with the sleepweaver products....not too common up here....but I can say that some of the new ResMed and F&P models have ditched the massive hard frame for a stiffer silicone (i.e. ResMed's Mirage FX and Quattro Air and the F&P Simplus). Might be worth a look if the Anew doesn't quite do it for you.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,208 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,751 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Carcadiance Sleepweaver Anew full face mask optimalsleep 3 987 09-23-2020, 02:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,094 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,423 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 4,832 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.