Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyone using the Luna G3 apap?
Anyone using the Luna G3 apap?
After being diagnosed with moderate sleep apnea I was finally contacted by a DME that informed me they were shipping a Luna G3 apap machine with a nose mask.  Since my diagnosis I've been lurking on this forum and found a lot of helpful information including what to look for in a apap machine.  I informed the DME that I would prefer the ResMed Airsense 10 or 11 because of the OSCAR support and the reviews I found here.  They told me the backorder for those units are 3 to 4 months and it was my choice to wait or not.  

I've searched and cannot find many reviews on that model and was wondering if any members here are using that machine and can give any opinions. 3B Medical has great documentation and there is an Australian guy on YouTube that gives great demonstrations on setting the machine up.  The downside is it doesn't support OSCAR but it does have a proprietary software to use with an app. Thanks in advance for any replies.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Anyone using the Luna G3 apap?
Without Oscar there will not be much we will be able to help. Data from Oscar is used to give suggestions/options.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
A lot of people are working with their insurance when a back-order is encountered. There are machines available, but the Luna is cheaper, from China and your DME will make more money with it. My recommendation is to decline this equipment and ask for the Resmed Airsense 10/11 Autoset. Tell your DME that you will be calling your insurance to obtain permission to use an online provider who can fill the order faster. Normally, insurance only covers in-network reimbursement, but with the shortage, some insurers are covering machines from online suppliers like Supplier #1 and paying normal reimbursement. Anyway, call their bluff and see what happens. The BMC Luna is not a very impressive machine, and no data from Oscar.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know this is an older post, but I just received my G3 on Thursday. Sadly, their Andriod software locks up my phone when I scan the QR+ code. It has very low ratings as well on the Playstore. I had hoped it would be Oscar compatible, but alas it is not. Maybe one day. DME didn't give me any options on another unit as the others are on back-order with no ETA on delivery.

Did you get your unit working with any software?

THB
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe return the machine and wait for a ResMed? After all, if its software doesn't work - - - - - -
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-03-2022, 07:24 PM)clownbell Wrote: Maybe return the machine and wait for a ResMed? After all, if its software doesn't work - - - - - -

The great news is they have a web-based app that works. Not sure how useful it will be as I only have one night of data, but will continue to monitor it. I'm not much of a phone app person, so I'd prefer it on my PC anyway. Just wish it was Oscar compatible, as Oscar appears pretty awesome.
Post Reply Post Reply
Download pap link desktop software from this forum
Also enter an email in your pap link android software to receive pdf report on your email
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 87 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 204 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 369 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 571 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 429 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,416 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,147 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.